Disclosure: This post for Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
These Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are serious comfort food. They make a great weeknight meal or tasty game day snacks. Plus, you can make this recipe in just 20 minutes! That means you’ll be spending less time in the kitchen and more time routing for your favorite team or spending time with family! If you’re looking to make these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes recipe even quicker, then opt for Kraft Natural Cheese slices instead of making the cheese sauce. But please, do not leave the cheese off altogether. After all what’s cheesesteak without the cheese?!
For this Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes recipe I did all of my shopping at Walmart. I picked up both the Natural Cheese Shreds (16oz) and Kraft Natural Cheese Slices (only $2.00 on Rollback!) from the refrigerated aisles. Be on the lookout for game time demos at a Walmart store near you on Saturday, September 26th.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Brown the meat.
- Add the veggies and cook until softened.
- Add the Wosestershire and stock. Cook until almost evaporated.
- Make the cheese sauce.
- Assemble and eat!
20 minutes, folks. That’s all it takes to make these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes!
Cook’s Note – Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Here’s a trick to fit more meat onto the submarine roll: before toasting split the roll in half and remove most of the soft insides of the bottom roll. This will create a nice little well for more of the Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe mixture to fill.
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoon four
- 1 cup milk (any kind but skim)
- 1 cup KRAFT Cheddar Natural Cheese Shreds
- 4 submarine roles, split in half and toasted
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirl it around pan and add ground beef. Using back of a wooden spoon break up ground beef and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender; 3-4 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Bring mixture to bubble and continue to cook until almost all liquid is evaporated; 3-4 minutes.
- CHEESE SAUCE: While meat cooks, make cheese sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and bring to a low boil. Continue to boil, whisking frequently, until thickened; about 2 minutes. Take saucepan off heat, add shredded cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- TO FINISH: Add ¼ of meat mixture to a toasted roll. Top with cheese sauce. Repeat with remaining rolls and serve!
What’s your favorite way to use Kraft Natural Cheese? Check out more Kraft Natural Cheese recipes for your next entertaining or tailgate recipe!