This hot, cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Dip is one of the best queso dips I have EVER had. It’s easy to make, a little bit zesty, and game day perfection!
Folks, the big game is less than a month away. This means playoffs and high-stakes games are happening, and at my house, this means some serious game day eats!
I love experimenting with classic recipes like cheesesteak by turning them into entirely different dishes like this Philly Cheesesteak Dip!
People get VERY passionate about their cheesesteak, especially when it comes to the type of cheese used. My favorite cheesesteak ever was actually in Philly, and it had American cheese on it.
So that’s why I used American cheese in this recipe. If you like provolone or mozzarella better, then use one of those. No worries at all, folks!
This Philly Cheesesteak Dip is warm, cheesy, and a little bit zesty! It’s often the first thing to go on game day.
Serve sliced French bread, tortilla chips, or even celery and carrot sticks for dipping, and you’ll have game day perfection!
Cook’s Note – Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- In this recipe, I highly recommend using Land O’Lakes white American cheese from the deli at your local supermarket. I like how it melts a lot better compared to the American cheese singles you find in the dairy case.
- To make this dip ahead of time: Prepare the dip up until cooking in the oven. Cover with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Add about five extra minutes of cooking time to compensate for the dip being chilled.
- This dip can be doubled. Make sure your skillet can accommodate the extra ingredients, though if it can’t use a large, wok-style pan. Or you can make the dip in batches and bake it all together in a 9 x 13 pan.
- 8×8-inch baking dish
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
Check out other Party Recipes:
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- Taco Salad Mini Bites
- Loaded Greek Fries
- Loaded Broccoli and Cheese Fries
- Swedish Cocktail Meatballs
- Dr. Pepper Hot Wings
- Aloha Salsa
- Best-Ever Guacamole Recipe!
- Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Recipe
- Yogurt Curry Dip
- 7 Layer Greek Dip
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip – Southwest Style
- Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
- Party Cheese Ball
Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup bottled zesty Italian dressing
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese 8-ounce block
- ¼ cup 2% Greek yogurt
- ½ pound white American cheese slices chopped
- ½ pound sliced roast beef chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced French bread
- tortilla chips
- Move oven rack to the middle position, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add onion, pepper, and Italian dressing. Cook, stirring frequently until onions become translucent and soften about 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese to the pan and use back of a wooden spoon to break it into chunks.
- Once cream cheese starts to melt add Greek yogurt and American cheese. Stir constantly until all the cheese melts. Turn heat off and stir in chopped roast beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then bake for 10 more minutes, or until the edges are bubbly. Serve with sliced French bread and tortilla chips.
This Philly Cheesesteak Dip recipe first appeared on FFF on January 7, 2016. I have recently updated the photos and added a recipe video. Below are some of the original pictures.