The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are fluffy on the inside and crispy outside. They’re easy to make and are freezer-friendly for mornings on the go!
This recipe costs about $2.67 to make. It makes four servings, which works out to be just $0.66 per serving.
The Air Fryer is quickly becoming one of my favorite kitchen appliances. A few of my favorite recipes include these Air Fryer Pasta Chips, these Steak Bites, and this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower.
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Let’s be honest. Some mornings, it’s all I can do to get a bowl of cereal in front of the kids and myself before we need to be out the door. Most mornings, standing over a skillet to make and flip French Toast is low on my priority list. But I don’t always want a bowl of cold cereal.
That is why these French Toast Sticks made in the Air Fryer are the perfect solution! We can have a delicious, home-cooked breakfast on the table in just twenty minutes.
Thick pieces of bread are dipped in an egg mixture and then coated in a sweet cinnamon-sugar mixture. If your kiddos are hard to wake up and get moving in the mornings, the smell of the French Toast Sticks is sure to get them out of bed in a hurry.
While you can undoubtedly get French Toast Sticks at places like Sonic or Burger King, they taste way better when you make them homemade and in the Air Fryer instead. They are not covered with oil and are way less greasy.
The thick pieces of bread are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Dip them in syrup, cover them in berries and whipped cream, or eat them plain.
No matter how you eat them, these Air Fryer French Toast Sticks will give you a delicious, stress-free breakfast everyone will love.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.66
Recipe Cost: $2.67
- 8 slices thick-cut Brioche – $1.65
- 3 large eggs – $0.30
- ¼ cup milk – $0.04
- ¼ cup french vanilla creamer – $0.12
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter – $0.18
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg – $0.08
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar – $0.10
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon – $0.20
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- First, cut each piece of bread into one-inch wide strips.
- Next, whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl.
- Then, add in the milk, french vanilla creamer, melted butter, nutmeg, and whisk.
- In another bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray.
- Next, dip each strip of bread lightly in the egg mixture.
- Then, coat all sides with the sugar mixture.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 375 degrees and then place the bread strips in the basket.
- Finally, bake for six minutes before removing the French Toast Sticks from the basket.
- Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, and berries (all optional).
***For complete Instructions see the recipe card below.
- Instead of thick-cut Brioche bread you can use Challa bread or Texas toast.
- Also, instead of French vanilla coffee creamer you can use milk and add ¼ teaspon of vanilla extract.
- During the fall I like to use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon in the recipe.
- At Christmas time I like to use gingerbread spice instead of cinnamon in the recipe.
SERVE: You can keep these out for about two hours before they need to be stored in the refrigerator.
STORE: Once cooled, place the Air Fryer French Toast Sticks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: Once cooled, place the sticks in a baking dish and place them in the freezer until frozen solid, about 1 hour. Then, transfer the French toast sticks to a freezer safe container or freezer bag and freeze for 2-3 months.
REHEAT FROM THE REFRIGERATOR: Place them back in the air fryer and reheat at 350 degrees F for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
REHEAT FROM FROZEN: Place the stick back in the air fryer and reheat at 350 degrees F for about 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
***Please do not microwave them to reheat because they will become soggy!
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
I like brioche or challah because they are sweeter loaves of bread. But a thick-cut bread-like texas toast would work too. Or buy the unsliced bread that you want.
It is essential to cut all slices about the same size to allow for even baking. If you use regular sliced bread, you would have narrower strips that will shorten the bake time.
Stale bread works incredibly well for french Toast; it will soak up more of the egg mixture!
You could replace that with regular milk or cream and ¼ teaspoon vanilla.
You may leave that out. The french toast sticks will still taste delicious.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- Eggs Benedict
- Starbucks Blueberry Scones Copycat
- Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Loaded Breakfast Sandwich
- Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- Sticky Buns with Bacon and Caramel Glaze
- Easy Broccoli Quiche
- Vanilla Dutch Baby Pancake
- Buttermilk Pancakes
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- 8 slices thick-cut Brioche or Challah bread stale is best
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup french vanilla creamer
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
FOR SERVING: (all optional)
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- First, cut each slice of bread into 1-inch wide strips. The exact size is not as important as they are all similar in size. This enables them to bake evenly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the 3 eggs.
- Then whisk in milk, french vanilla creamer, melted butter, and nutmeg.
MAKE FRENCH TOAST STICKS:
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Prepare your air fryer basket by spraying it with non-stick spray.
- Lightly dip each strip of bread in the egg mixture, then toss it in the sugar mixture coating all sides. Do not immerse the bread strips and soak through or they will become mushy and unmanageable.
- Place each one into the air fryer basket. Try not to crowd the strips of bread. Depending on the size of your basket you may need to do 2-3 batches.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees. Bake for 6 minutes. You can bake these longer if you want them to be extra crispy. They will seem soft when you take the basket out after 6 minutes but if you let them sit for a minute before removing, they will harden a bit and give you the perfect crunchy outside while still keeping the inside nice and fluffy!
- Sift on some powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup and berries!
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Oh how fun! My whole family will love these French toast sticks. I love that they are freezer-friendly for quick and delicious mornings.
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
What a delicious treat without all the frying mess. I love these!
Mandy Applegate says
I’m so pleased I found this recipe, my family loved these air fryer toast sticks!
I am always looking for new ways to use the air fryer and this looks like an amazing breakfast option.
I absolutely love how these french toast stick cook up in the air fryer! Pure perfection! Such a a delicious breakfast for the whole family to enjoy!