This is a delicious and healthy Air Fryer Green Beans recipe. It’s easy to make and perfect for a quick side dish.
It costs approximately $2.84 to make these green beans. The recipe makes four servings for about $0.71 per serving.
If you’re looking for a stovetop recipe, check out my Skillet Green Beans!
The Air Fryer has quickly risen to the top of my list as a must-have kitchen appliance. It is a healthier way to cook recipes and is quick and easy. These Air Fryer Green Beans check all those boxes: healthy, fast, and easy.
A plate of fresh green beans is the perfect complement to any main dish. Making them in the Air Fryer is quick and frees up your stovetop and oven for other recipes. These make a fabulous and refreshing side dish with your weeknight meal. But you can easily double the recipe when needing to feed a crowd.
Fresh Green Beans in the Air Fryer are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Serve them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any night during the week.
Ingredents and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.71
Recipe Cost: $2.84
- 1 pound green beans – $1.68
- 1 medium shallot – $0.07
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – $0.02
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil – $0.03
- ¼ cup Parmesan – $0.52
- 1 lemon – $0.48
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Air Fryer Green Beans
- First, mix together the green beans, shallot, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil in a medium bowl.
- Next, set the green beans in the basket of the Air Fryer.
- Bake for eight minutes at 370 degrees F.
- Finally, put the green beans in a serving dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve with lemon wedges.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- You can use green or yellow beans for this recipe.
- The garlic powder can be substituted with two fresh garlic cloves.
- If you’re looking for a stovetop recipe, check out my Skillet Green Beans!
- If you want to add extra flavor to this dish, try adding some bacon or pancetta.
- Try substituting the Parmesan cheese with bread crumbs for a more traditional flavor.
- If you’re looking for a crunch, try adding chopped, toasted nuts to this recipe. Some good picks are slivered almonds, pine nuts, and pecans.
- Add some red pepper flakes for a spicier version of this dish.
MAKE AHEAD: You can make this recipe ahead of time. Just cook the beans and then store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then, when you’re ready to eat, just reheat them in the air fryer for about 2 minutes at 350˚F.
SERVE: You can keep these out for no longer than two hours before they need to be covered and stored in the refrigerator.
STORE: Place the beans in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for no more than three days. Note that the longer they sit, the more likey they are to lose their bright green color.
FREEZE: Just cook the beans and then store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
REHEAT: When you’re ready to eat the frozen beans, just reheat the frozen beans in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 370˚F.
Air frying vegetables is a healthier option in comparison to deep frying them. For complete nutritional value, see the information at the bottom of the recipe card.
There is no need to soak the green beans before cooking them in the Air Fryer. Instead, wash and dry the green beans before tossing them with the other ingredients and cooking them in the Air Fryer.
Each Air Fryer works differently, so you may need to cook the green beans for another minute or two. Cook the green beans in one to two-minute increments after the initial baking time until the desired doneness is reached.
More Side Dishes
- Corn Succotash
- Aunt Nancie’s Sweet Potato Souffle
- Hominy Casserole
- Fried Apples
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- Frog Eye Salad
- Brown Sugar and Honey Glazed Carrots
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Baked Mac and Cheese
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 medium shallot diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
PREP GREEN BEANS:
- Add green beans, shallot, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil in a medium bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
COOK GREEN BEANS:
- Place the green beans in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook at 370˚F for 8 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a serving dish, and sprinkle grated parmesan on top.
- Serve with lemon wedges.