The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Alabama White Sauce is a tangy sauce that’s perfect on chicken. It’s made with a handful of ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now!
This recipe is estimated to cost around $1.04. It makes twelve servings, which works out to be about $0.08 per serving.
Serve this sauce with these Smoked Chicken Thighs, Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs, or these Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs for a delicious meal.
Alabama White Sauce is a creamy and tangy sauce with a touch of heat. The mayonnaise base and addition of apple cider vinegar are what create the signature zesty white BBQ sauce. Plus it only takes five minutes to make!
You can use it to dip, drizzle, or slather any piece of meat with and even fries and veggies. The sauce puts any meat over the top.
Chicken, pork, turkey, fish, and even hamburgers go well with it. Basically you can put it on anything that comes off of the smoker or grill.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.08
Recipe Cost: $1.04
- 1 cup mayonnaise – $0.64
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar – $0.15
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice – $0.04
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard – $0.04
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce – $0.06
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper – $0.05
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Alabama White Sauce
- Whisk together the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir together until smooth and place in an airtight container.
- Store the sauce for 24 hours before using it for best results.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
SERVE: Serve with chicken, turkey, or seafood. I think it’s especially good with smoked and barbecued meats. You can leave the sauce out for about two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two weeks.
FREEZE: This recipe does not freeze well, so I do not recommend freezing it.
Alabama White Sauce is made with a few simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand. The base is made of mayonnaise with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
While often served with meats pulled off the grill, this sauce is not a typical BBQ sauce. It is not made with red tomatoes as other BBQ sauces are. Instead, the mayo and combination of apple cider vinegar and a few spices give the sauce a tangy taste with a slight kick. It is a finger-licking-good sauce that everyone needs to try immediately.
More Chicken Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Broiled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Alabama White Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl until combined and smooth.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Leave a Reply