The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Are you looking for a delicious and easy air fryer recipe? Look no further than Air Fryer Pierogies! This classic Polish dish can be made in the air fryer in just minutes, and it’s sure to please everyone at your dinner table.
This recipe costs about $4.66 to make. It makes four servings for approximately $1.17 per serving.
Try my Cheesy Pierogi Lasagna with Bacon and Chives, which will be a hit for any pierogi lover!
Pierogies are an easy snack, appetizer, or side dish that are soft pillow-like dumplings. They go from frozen to ready in just about fifteen minutes!
Cooking them in the Air Fryer makes them fluffy and crispy, with a creamy center. Pair pierogies with your favorite dipping sauce or sour cream and serve them at your next party.
Pierogies are a crowd favorite! This simple recipe will soon become one of your go-to when you need a deliciously easy dish to serve.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.17
Recipe Cost: $4.66
- 16 ounce package of frozen pierogies – $4.49
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.01
- 2 shallots – $0.14
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in February 2023.
How To Make Air Fryer Pierogies
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, using a medium bowl, toss together the pierogies, oil, garlic powder, and shallots.
- Then, place the pierogies in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook them for ten minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip them halfway through cooking.
- Finally, garnish the pierogies with chives and serve with sour cream.
- This recipe can use any pierogi you like. I used a cheese and potato variety, but feel free to experiment!
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook the pierogies on the stovetop or in the oven. Follow the instructions on the package for your preferred cooking method.
- I use shallots, but you could also use a small onion.
- Sour cream is a common topping for pierogies. It adds creaminess and tanginess to the dish. You could also use Greek yogurt or crème Fraiche.
- If you want to change the flavor of the pierogies, try adding some mushrooms before cooking. You could also top them with a dollop of salsa or marinara sauce.
Serving and Storage Tips
SERVE: You can serve these with sour cream and chopped fresh chives. You can keep these out for no more than two hours before they need to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Leftover pierogies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Then, reheat in the air fryer or on the stovetop before serving.
Pierogies are typically served with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped chives. They can also be served with a side of sautéed vegetables or a green salad.
No, you don’t need to thaw them. Just add them to the air fryer while frozen.
The pierogies will be slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The filling will be hot and cheesy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon with Garlic Butter
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
Air Fryer Pierogies
- 16 oz package of frozen pierogies
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 shallots chopped
- Chopped fresh chives optional
- Sour cream optional
- In a medium bowl, add the pierogies, oil, garlic powder, and shallots. Toss to coat.
- Place the pierogies in the air fryer basket, making sure they are in a single layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
GARNISH AND SERVE:
- Garnish with chives and serve with sour cream if desired.