The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are crispy and seasoned perfectly. All you need are just 25 minutes to make these irresistible wings!
The approximate cost of this recipe is $9.98. It makes four servings for about $2.49 per serving.
I love serving these wings alongside my other favorite appetizers like this Shortcut Spinach Artichoke Dip, Ground beef Taquitos, and Swedish Cocktail Meatballs.
Crispy, flavorful chicken wings cooked perfectly in the air fryer make these the best appetizer or weeknight dinner. The skin is crisp after cooking for a bit in the Air Fryer.
Of course, everyone will think they have been fried or baked in the oven. But the truth is there is no extra fat or oils in these by making them in the Air Fryer.
I love how perfectly seasoned the crispy skin tastes and topped with an easy hot sauce mixture, and they are delicious. The chicken is so tender and juicy you will never want to make Chicken Winger any other way than in the Air Fryer again!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.49
Recipe Cost: $9.98
- 2 pounds chicken wings – $7.96
- 1 teaspoon paprika – $0.03
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – $0.04
- ¼ cup unsalted butter – $0.72
- ½ cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce – $1.20
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in February 2023.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, wipe the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Next, pat the chicken wings with paper towels and place them in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper over the wings. Toss to combine them.
- Then, place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook for ten minutes at 380 degrees.
- Open and shake well to separate the wings. Then bake for another ten minutes.
- Open the basket and shake again. Cook for an additional five minutes.
- Next, mix together melted butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
- Finally, when the wings are done, cover them in the sauce mixture and serve immediately.
- Instead of Frank’s Hot Sauce, you can use any sauce you’d like: BBQ, Sweet & Sour, etc.
SERVE: Place the wings in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
STORE: Keep the wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
FREEZE: Once the wings have cooled, place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer-safe Ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
THAW: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
REHEAT: Place the wings in the air fryer basket and reheat at 380 degrees for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Air frying results in crispy skin, which is difficult to achieve in an oven.
Yes! Just preheat the oven to 400˚F and bake for 1 hour, flipping the wings halfway between cooking.
Be sure to place the chicken wings in a single layer in the basket to ensure they cook evenly and get crispy.
- Smoked Cream Cheese
- Hot Dog Burnt Ends
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- Easy Mexican Salsa
- Ultimate Nachos Recipe
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Cheese Ball Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings thawed if previously frozen
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper optional
- Oil to coat air fryer basket
EASY BUFFALO SAUCE:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
FOR SERVING: (all optional)
- Blue cheese
PREP AIR FRYER BASKET:
- Wipe the interior of the air fryer basket with cooking oil or spray with non-stick oil.
PREP CHICKEN WINGS:
- Pat chicken wings with paper towels. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper over the wings and toss to combine.
AIR FRY WINGS:
- Place chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then open and shake well to ensure all the wings are separated.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Open and give the basket another quick shake.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
MAKE EASY BUFFALO SAUCE:
- While the wings are cooking, combine melted butter and Frank’s Red Hot.
- When the wings are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer.
- Toss cooked wings in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with carrots, celery, ranch, and blue cheese (all optional).
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Chicken wings are the best and these are no exception! They were fantastic for the big game yesterday. Thank you so much!
TAYLER ROSS says
I made these wings for the Super Bowl last night and they were amazing! Perfectly crispy and delicious!
Really love how crispy these wings turned out. Looking forward to trying them.
I love how easy it is to make this chicken wings in the air fryer, and that buffalo sauce is such a perfect coating. I’ll definitely be making these again!
Sara Welch says
Served these for Super Bowl and they were a hit all around the table! Quick, easy and delicious; the perfect amount of kick, indeed!