The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Baked Breaded Chicken is buttery and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. This recipe is guaranteed to get rave reviews and recipe requests.
It costs approximately $14.85 to make these Baked Breaded Chicken. The recipe makes six servings for about $2.48 per serving.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious weeknight meal the entire family will love, you have come to the right place. This recipe for Baked Breaded Chicken is full of flavor and baked in the oven for a healthier version of fried chicken.
The crunchy outside is seasoned just right and is baked to golden perfection. You will love the taste when you bite into the juicy and tender chicken without any grease. This Breaded Chicken Breast makes a delicious entree with almost any other side, so you can easily make it throughout the week.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.48
Recipe Cost: $14.85
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – $8.53
- 3 cups milk or buttermilk – $1.50
- 2 cups Bisquick – 1.00
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt – $0.18
- 3 eggs – $2.52
- ½ cup salted butter – $1.12
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in December 2022.
How To Make Baked Breaded Chicken
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Next, place the chicken pieces in a bowl and cover them with milk. Let the milk soak into the chicken for at least twenty minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir the baking mix and seasoned salt.
- Then, in another bowl, beat together three eggs.
- Next, lightly spray a 9×13-inch Pyrex pan with nonstick cooking spray. Slice the butter into Tablespoon-sized pieces and put it in the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the oven for about five minutes or until it is melted.
- While the butter melts, remove the chicken from the milk and dry the pieces.
- Remove the pan from the oven and dredge the chicken in the egg followed by the seasoned biscuit mix.
- Then, dredge in the egg again and dip in the biscuit mix once more and press the biscuit mix onto the chicken.
- Shake off the excess biscuit mix and place the chicken in the baking dish with the melted butter.
- Bake the chicken for ten minutes and then flip over the chicken and bake for another ten minutes. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Finally, remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool for five minutes before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- To save time, you can use chicken tenders. The cooking time will need to be reduced.
- If you don’t have seasoned salt, mix in salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and whatever spices you like.
SERVE: You can keep the chicken out for no longer than two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Place the chicken in a covered container and refrigerate for 3-4 days. Note that the longer the chicken sits in the refrigerator, the less crisp it will become.
FREEZE: Once the chicken has cooled, place it on a baking sheet in the freezer until frozen solid, about 2-3 hours. Then, transfer the chicken to a freezer-safe container or zipper-top bag. Freeze for 2-3 months.
REHEAT: Place the chicken on a baking sheet and heat in a 375°F oven until heated through and crisp, about 20-22 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
To save time, you can use chicken tenders. The cooking time will need to be reduced. If you don’t have seasoned salt, mix in salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and whatever spices you like.
More Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Copycat Monterey Chicken Recipe
- Saucy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Classic Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Chicken Divan Casserole
- Lighter Skillet Chicken Vesuvio
- Healthier Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Breaded Chicken Breast
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cups Milk or buttermilk
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup salted butter
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and pour enough milk over the top to cover, about 3 cups. Let soak for at least 20 minutes.
PREP FOR BREADING:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the baking mix and seasoned salt.
- In another medium bowl, beat 3 eggs.
- Lightly spray a 9×13-inch Pyrex pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the butter into 1 tablespoon-sized piece.
- Place the butter in the prepared Pyrex dish and put it in the oven for about 5 minutes or until melted.
- While the butter is melting, remove the chicken from the milk and pat dry on all sides.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately dredge the chicken in the egg, then in the seasoned biscuit mix.
- Dredge in the egg again and dip in the biscuit mix once more, this time pressing the biscuit mix onto the chicken and shaking off the excess.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish with the melted butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip over the chicken using tongs. Bake for another 10 minutes until the chicken juices are no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
COOL AND SERVE:
- Cool the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When soaking the chicken in the milk, cover it and place it in the refrigerator if you plan to let it sit for more than 45 minutes.
- Soaking the chicken is essential to get it tender.
- The cooking spray and butter are added before the chicken to help the coating not stick to the pan.
- When flipping the chicken, carefully slide the tongs or a spatula under it to lift it so that the coating doesn’t come off.
- Ensure the chicken is dry before dipping it in the egg and biscuit mix. This ensures the coating will stick to the chicken well.