This Oven-Baked Beef Taquitos recipe is perfect for game day or for a quick weeknight meal. Taquitos are easy to make and freezer-friendly, too!
This post for Oven-Baked Beef Taquitos recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter!
I love these taquitos because they are baked instead of fried. I’m not the biggest fan of fried foods, and I especially hate frying at home because when you do it stinks up the entire house!
Common Taquitos Questions Answered:
What does taquito mean in English?
Taquito translated from Spanish to English literally means small taco.
What do you put on Taquitos?
This is solely up to you! However, I like to put sour cream, diced tomatoes, freshly chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream, and guacamole on mine.
What goes well with Taquitos?
Cook’s Note – Baked Bean and Beef Taquitos:
- You can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing the recipe up until step 4. At that point cover the taquitos with a damp paper towel, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours in advance.
- You can also freeze this taquitos recipe. Simply prepare the recipe until step 4, and wrap the taquitos tightly in plastic wrap and then place them inside a Ziploc bag. When you’re ready to bake them follow step 4 of the recipe below, but add 3-5 minutes to the cooking time.
- These will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Cook’s Tools – Baked Bean and Beef Taquitos:
ONE YEAR AGO: One Bite Chocolate Cream Pies
TWO YEARS AGO: Honey Garlic Sticky Ribs
THREE YEARS AGO: Loaded Broccoli Cheese Fries
- In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat add beef and cook, stirring often, until evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add beans and mash until paste-like. Once beef is browned, drain and add to bean mixture. Add enchilada sauce, cilantro, and garlic powder to bowl and mix until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside baking sheet. Lightly spray a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Wrap 6 tortillas in clean, damp paper towel, place them on plate and cover plate tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave tortillas until hot and pliable, about 60-90 seconds. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, place 3 tablespoons of filling evenly on the lower third of the tortilla. Fold bottom of the tortilla over filling, roll back slightly to tighten tortilla around the filling, and then roll forward tightly. Place rolled taquito seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining corn tortillas as filling.
- Spray taquitos with nonstick cooking spray, sprinkle lightly with salt and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve taquitos with guacamole, sour cream, queso sauce, salsa, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and cilantro as desired.