The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Ground Beef Taquitos recipe is perfect for game day, a quick weeknight meal, or snacks. Beef taquitos are easy to make and freezer-friendly, too!
This recipe costs about $10.27 to make. The recipe makes six servings for approximately $1.72 per serving.
I love these ground beef taquitos because they are baked instead of fried. I’m not the biggest fan of fried foods, and I especially hate frying at home because when you do, it stinks up the entire house!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.72
Recipe Cost: $10.27
- 1 pound lean ground beef – $6.99
- 15-ounce can pinto beans – $1.00
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce – $0.63
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro – $0.20
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.01
- 24 6-inch corn tortillas – $1.44
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in December 2022.
How To Make Beef Taquitos
- First, brown the beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and drain when done.
- Then, add the beans to a bowl and mash until paste-like.
- Next, mix the meat into the bean mixture. Followed by the enchilada sauce, cilantro, and garlic powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on top of the foil. Spray the wire rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, wrap six tortillas in a damp paper towel and place them on a plate. Cover the plate tightly with plastic wrap and microwave them for sixty to ninety minutes.
- Place three Tablespoons of filling on the lower third of the tortilla.
- Then fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling, roll back slightly and then roll forward tightly.
- Place the tortilla seam-side down on the baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray taquitos with nonstick cooking spray, season with salt and paper, and then bake for fiteen to twenty minutes.
- Finally, remove from the oven enjoy.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Instead of ground beef, you can use ground turkey.
- Also, instead of pinto beans, you can use black beans.
STORE: Place leftovers in a container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: You can also freeze this beef taquitos recipe. Simply prepare the recipe up until baking them and wrap the taquitos tightly in plastic wrap. Then place them inside a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. When you’re ready to bake them, continue with the recipe, but add 3-5 minutes to the cooking time. They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to six months.
What does taquito mean in English?
Taquito, translated from Spanish to English, literally means small taco.
What do you put on Taquitos?
This is solely up to you! However, I like to put sour cream, diced tomatoes, freshly chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream, and guacamole on mine.
What goes well with Taquitos?
I love dipping these into my favorite queso dip. But, if I’m making them for dinner, I like serving them with cheesy green chile cornbread and a salad.
How long do I cook taquitos in the oven?
These ground beef taquitos will bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them as each oven cooks differently.
More Mexican Recipes
- Wet Burritos
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Ultimate Nachos
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread
- Easy Mexican Rice
- Mexican Lasagna
- Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Ground Beef Taquitos
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce store-bought
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 6-inch corn tortillas
- Add beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook, often stirring, until evenly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add beans and mash until paste-like.
- Once the beef is browned, drain and add it to the bean mixture.
- Add enchilada sauce, cilantro, and garlic powder to the bowl and mix until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
PREP OVEN AND BAKING SHEET:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack inside the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Wrap 6 tortillas in a clean, damp paper towel, place them on a plate and cover them tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave tortillas until hot and pliable, about 60-90 seconds.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, place three tablespoons of filling evenly on the lower third of the tortilla.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling, roll back slightly to tighten the tortilla around the filling, and then roll forward tightly.
- Place rolled taquito seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining corn tortillas as filling.
BAKE AND SERVE:
- Spray taquitos with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve taquitos with guacamole, sour cream, queso sauce, salsa, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and cilantro as desired.