The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Ultimate Nachos Recipe is made with a seasoned ground beef mixture that’s loaded with ranch beans, black beans, onions, garlic, sour cream, jalapenos, avocados, cilantro, lime slices, and lots of melted cheese!
These nachos cost $14.43 to make. The recipe serves eight. That works out to be just $1.80 per serving.
For more show-stopping appetizers, check out these Loaded Potato Skins, these Baked Jalapeno Poppers, and these Crockpot Little Smokies.
Remember when you ordered the Nachos Supreme from Taco Bell and were so excited to eat them, only to realize you had soggy chips by the time you got down to them? That is the worst! I am here to solve that problem with this Ultimate Nachos recipe!
Making this recipe at home will give you better quality and taste. These are “nacho” regular nachos! 😅
Just like what you will find at a Mexican restaurant, this easy nachos recipe makes a great appetizer. Only my recipe feeds a crowd!
Warm, crispy, toasty tortilla chips are layered with seasoned ground beef, beans, and melted cheese. And not just one layer, but two delicious layers of all this good stuff is placed on the baking sheet.
After baking the nachos, top them with sour cream and all your favorite toppings. This ground beef nachos recipe is by far the BEST way to eat nachos. It is one ultimate nacho tray perfect for Cinco de Mayo, movie nights at home, game day, or an appetizer for family gatherings.
Keep it classy and serve lots of appetizers along with these nachos. Or keep it casual and eat them right off the sheet pan as I do with my kids on our movie nights.
I love avocado slices on top of these nachos. For tips on How to Peel an Avocado, read this post. A few simple steps make all the difference when cutting avocados.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.80
Recipe Cost: $14.43
- 2 pounds lean ground beef – $6.02
- 1 small yellow onion – $0.48
- 3 cloves garlic – $0.15
- 1 cup Ranch style beans – $0.88
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning – $0.44
- 1 cup water – $0.00
- Café style tortilla chips – $1.74
- 1 cup black beans – $0.48
- 16 oz cheddar cheese – $2.56
- ½ cup sour cream – $0.43
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices – $0.17
- 1 lime – $0.17
- 1 avocado – $0.68
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro – $0.12
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, preheat the oven. Then cook the meat mixture in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Next, stir in the beans and taco seasoning.
- Add in the water and cook until the meat mixture is thickened.
- Then, place half the tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Next, add half the meat mixture, black beans, and cheese over the chips.
- Add the remaining tortilla chips on top in an even layer.
- Next, add the remaining meat mixture, black beans, and cheese.
- Then, bake for 15 minutes.
- Finally, spread sour cream over the top and any desired toppings before serving.
- Ok, the following additon to this already amazing ultimate nacho recipe makes people LOSE THEIR MINDS! Sometimes I like to drizzle a cup or two of my Green Chile White Queso Dip all over the nachos before I add the toppings. It really takes them to the next level!!!
- Add on your favorite nacho toppings. Some suggestions include green onions, avocado slices, cotija cheese, black olives, red onion, fresh salsa, refried beans, nacho cheese sauce, fresh jalapeno slices, and even fresh lime juice.
SERVE: These are best served immediately after baking.
STORE: After the nachos have cooled completely you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, the consistency will not be the same. The tortilla chips will not be crispy like they are when cooked fresh.
FREEZE: You can pre-make the meat mixture and freeze in a Ziploc bag to use when needed. However, I would not recommend freezing the entire finished recipe as chips especially, do not freeze well.
- Large skillet
- Baking sheet
- Rubber scraper
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Box grater
You can add whatever topping you like; however, the most common toppings are cheese, queso dip, sour cream, cilantro, lime, avocado, pico de gallo, etc.
Monterey Jack is a favorite as it has a tremendous melty consistency, cheddar has a great flavor to add. Freshly grated cheese is always better than pre-grated cheese.
Evenly spreading the tortilla chips and ingredients over the baking sheet is the most important thing to remember when making this recipe. If too many ingredients are piled up instead of evenly spread over the chips, that section will ultimately become soggy.
Baking is the way to go! Broiling is a quick way to melt the cheese but baking the nachos helps melt all the toppings into each other and the chips.
Look for sturdy chips. The Costco Kirkland brand is a great option. Any Restaurant style chip is another good option.
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
- Chile Con Queso
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Ultimate Nachos Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Ranch Style Beans
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 13 oz bag Café style tortilla chips
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 avocado cut into wedges
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425°F.
COOK MEAT MIXTURE:
- In a large 12” skillet, brown the ground meat over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain the fat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Stir in the ranch-style beans and taco seasoning until well combined.
- Add the water and stir and cook until the meat mixture is thickened about 5-8 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place half of the tortilla chips in a single layer all over the baking sheet.
- Pour half the meat mixture evenly over the top of the chips.
- Sprinkle half the black beans over the meat and half the cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add the remaining tortilla chips over the top in another layer.
- Pour the remaining meat mixture over the top, evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining black beans and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Spread the Sour Cream evenly over the top.
SPREAD TOPPINGS AND SERVE:
- Spread evenly with toppings and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Leave a Reply