This homemade Green Chile White Queso Dip is incredibly easy to make and SO delicious! All you need is 5 minutes and 5 ingredients!
Today I have another recipe to celebrate green chile season; my Green Chile White Queso Dip. It’s made without the use of processed cheese!
Check out my other green chile recipes:
- Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans
- Potato Green Chile Chowder
- Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce
- Mega Breakfast Burritos
If you make this Green Chile White Queso Dip for a party, get ready to be the most popular person in the room! Not only is it SO flavorful, but it’s simple to make. When I’m entertaining for a sporting event or party this queso dip is usually the last thing I make because I like to serve it warm. Recently we had family over and I made this while talking with my sister-in-law and niece. When I poured the finished queso dip into my serving bowl they were blown away by 2 things:
- It was SO quick & easy to make!
- It was so stinkin’ good!
Cook’s Note – Green Chile White Queso Dip
- Please, please, PLEASE only use freshly grated cheese for this recipe. The pre-shredded variety has anti-clumping additives that add a grainy texture to this white queso dip.
- Leftover white queso dip will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
- To reheat the queso dip, place it in the microwave and heat on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and then repeat until heated through.
- This green chile white queso dip doubles nicely. Just make sure you use a large saucepan when making a double batch.
Cook’s Tools & Ingredients – Green Chile Queso Dip
ONE YEAR AGO: No-Mayo Potato Salad
TWO YEARS AGO: Best Breakfast Recipes Roundup
THREE YEARS AGO: Triple Chocolate Cookies
How to Make Queso Blanco:
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (or ½ of a bouillon cube crushed)
- 8 ozs pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- In a medium saucepan whisk together half and half, corn starch, and bouillon granules until there are just a few clumps. Move saucepan to burner and heat over medium heat until mixture simmers, whisking occasionally to break up any remaining clumps. Reduce heat to low and whisk in shredded cheese until melted. Stir in green chiles. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Check out other fabulous dips:
Disclosure: This post for Green Chile White Queso Dip recipe includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.