This homemade Green Chile White Queso Dip recipe is incredibly easy to make and SO delicious! All you need is 5 minutes and five ingredients!
Today I have another recipe to celebrate green chile season; my Green Chile White Queso Dip. It’s made without processed cheese!
Check out other green chile recipes:
- Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans
- Potato Green Chile Chowder
- Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce
- Mega Breakfast Burritos
- Easy Green Chile Chicken
If you make this Green Chile White Queso Blanco for a party, get ready to be the most popular person in the room! Not only is it SO flavorful, but it’s simple to make. When I’m entertaining for a sporting event or party, this queso dip is usually the last thing I make because I like to serve it warm.
Recently we had family over, and I made this while talking with my sister-in-law and niece. When I poured the finished queso dip into my serving bowl they were blown away by two things:
- It was SO quick & easy to make!
- It was so, so, SO good!
Cook’s Note – Green Chile White Queso Dip:
- Please, please, PLEASE only use freshly grated cheese for this recipe. The pre-shredded variety has anti-clumping additives that add a grainy texture to this white queso.
- Leftover white queso dip will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
- To reheat the queso, place it in the microwave and heat on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and then repeat until heated through.
- This green chile white queso doubles nicely. Just make sure you use a large saucepan when making a double batch.
Cook’s Tools & Ingredients – Queso Blanco:
- cheese grater
- medium saucepan
- roasted green chile
- chicken granules
Green Chile White Queso Dip
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or ½ of a bouillon cube crushed
- 8 ozs pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- In a medium saucepan whisk together half-and-half, cornstarch, and bouillon granules until there are just a few clumps.
- Move saucepan to burner and heat over medium heat until mixture simmers, whisking occasionally to break up any remaining clumps.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in shredded cheese until melted. Stir in green chiles. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Check out other fabulous dips: