THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This homemade Green Chile White Queso Dip recipe is incredibly easy to make and SO delicious! All you need is 5 minutes and five ingredients!
Today I have another recipe to celebrate green chile season; my Green Chile White Queso Dip. It’s made without processed cheese!
Check out other green chile recipes:
- Cheesy Green Chile Cornbread
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans
- Potato Green Chile Chowder
- Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce
- Mega Breakfast Burritos
- Easy Green Chile Chicken
If you make this Green Chile White Queso Blanco for a party, get ready to be the most popular person in the room! Not only is it SO flavorful, but it’s simple to make. When I’m entertaining for a sporting event or party, this queso dip is usually the last thing I make because I like to serve it warm.
Recently we had family over, and I made this while talking with my sister-in-law and niece. When I poured the finished queso dip into my serving bowl they were blown away by two things:
- It was SO quick & easy to make!
- It was so, so, SO good!
Cook’s Note – Green Chile White Queso Dip:
- Please, please, PLEASE only use freshly grated cheese for this recipe. The pre-shredded variety has anti-clumping additives that add a grainy texture to this white queso.
- Leftover white queso dip will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
- To reheat the queso, place it in the microwave and heat on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and then repeat until heated through.
- This green chile white queso doubles nicely. Just make sure you use a large saucepan when making a double batch.
Cook’s Tools & Ingredients – Queso Blanco:
Green Chile White Queso Dip
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or ½ of a bouillon cube crushed
- 8 ozs pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- In a medium saucepan whisk together half-and-half, cornstarch, and bouillon granules until there are just a few clumps.
- Move saucepan to burner and heat over medium heat until mixture simmers, whisking occasionally to break up any remaining clumps.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in shredded cheese until melted. Stir in green chiles. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Check out other fabulous dips: