This 4-ingredient Queso Blanco Dip is so creamy, irresistible and most importantly, comes together in just minutes! Everyone always loves this Velveeta Queso Blanco. I’ve even caught guests licking the bowl!
Queso Blanco Dip
With the big game just right around the corner, I’ve been all about posting finger foods, dips, and tailgating recipes lately like my Mexican Spinach Dip, Chicken and Waffle Sliders, Philly Cheesesteak Dip, and this Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip!
CONFESSION TIME: I have a secret love affair with chips and queso. Seriously I’d have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could… When I lived in Albuquerque I’d get chips and queso at Taco Cabana (menu item #21) often and this recipe is pretty close to theirs. My Queso Blanco is creamy, dreamy, and studded with chopped green chiles.
How to Make Queso Blanco Dip:
This dip is insanely easy to make. First, cut up the cheese into cubes and add them to a microwave-safe bowl. Then, add to the bowl chopped green chiles, minced jalapeño, and a splash of milk. Next, microwave the mixture in 2-minute increments, stir, and repeat until the queso dip is creamy and smooth. Finally, serve with tortilla chips and get dippin’!
For parties, I also like serving my Refried Beans in the crockpot right next to this chips and queso dip. The refried beans help cut through the richness of the queso. If you want to make your party or game day spread into a fiesta, then I suggest serving my super easy slow cooker Chicken Tacos, guacamole, and Honey Lime Chipotle Salsa, too.
Cook’s Note – Queso Blanco Dip:
- If you are serving this dip shortly after making it, then allow it to sit for 1 minute before serving. This will allow the mixture to thicken to the perfect queso blanco consistency!
- If you plan on serving this dip over an extended period of time like for tailgating or a Super Bowl party, then transfer the prepared dip to a crock pot set to warm. Give the queso blanco dip a quick stir before serving it.
- You can make this dip as spicy, or as mild as you’d like. Just purchase mild, medium, or hot green chiles.
- If you’re looking for a less processed version of this dip, then you need to check out my Green Chile White Queso Dip!
Disclosure: This Velveeta Queso Blanco dip includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Queso Blanco Dip:
ONE YEAR AGO: Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
TWO YEARS AGO: Pizza Pull Apart Bread
THREE YEARS AGO: Loaded Greek Fries
Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
- 2 pound brick Velveeta Queso Blanco cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 2 large jalapeños minced
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Place the quests blanco cubes, green chilies, jalapeños, and milk into a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes and then stir. Heat for 1 minute on high and stir again. Repeat the process until the cheese is melted and the queso dip is nice and smooth.