The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This freezer breakfast burrito recipe makes massive burritos stuffed with eggs, cheese, bacon, crispy potatoes, guacamole, and my secret ingredient, making them incredible!
These breakfast burritos cost approximately $32.32 to make. The recipe makes twelve servings, which costs about $2.68 per serving.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
This breakfast burrito recipe is a staple at my house. When I know we have these in the freezer, I look forward to waking up.
These breakfast burritos are the perfect way to start your day. They’re delicious and easy to make. They have some real staying power with the eggs, potatoes, bacon, guacamole, and green chile pinto beans packed into them.
This Breakfast Burritos recipe is super versatile. If you have picky eaters, let them help build the burritos to their liking by choosing their desired ingredients.
I love serving these as a quick breakfast on the go, when I want a filling protein-packed breakfast, when we go camping, or when I want to save time on a busy morning.
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Time-Saving Convenience: Freezer breakfast burritos provide a quick and convenient breakfast option that can be prepared in advance.
- Customizable and Versatile: You can customize the ingredients to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. Whether you prefer vegetarian, gluten-free, or low-carb options, you can tailor the fillings to your liking.
- Portability: Freezer breakfast burritos are portable and ideal for on-the-go mornings. Family-Friendly: They can be enjoyed by the whole family. They can be customized to suit different tastes, allowing everyone to enjoy a satisfying and convenient breakfast.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.69
Recipe Cost: $32.23
- 12 (12-inch) tortillas – $5.22
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend – $1.24
- 24 large eggs – $6.48
- 1 pound bacon – $5.99
- 32 ounce bag Ore Ida Crispy Crowns – $5.79
- 1 recipe green chile pinto beans – $5.67
- 1 cup guacamole – $1.84
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in June 2023.
How To Make Breakfast Burrito Recipe
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, wrap the tortillas in a kitchen towel and warm them in the microwave for one minute.
- Next, fill the tortillas with ¼ cup of cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, crispy crowns, green chile pinto beans, and guacamole.
- Finally, fold up the sides and bottom of the tortilla and serve immediately or wrap in foil to freeze.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Tortillas: You can use whole wheat or flavored tortillas like spinach or sun-dried tomato for added nutrition and flavor.
- Cheese: Experiment with different cheese varieties such as cheddar, pepper jack, or Monterey Jack. You can also try a dairy-free cheese alternative for a vegan option.
- Eggs: Instead of scrambled eggs, you can incorporate proteins like cooked sausage, diced ham, or sautéed vegetables for tofu.
- Bacon: Substitute bacon with turkey, Canadian, or vegetarian bacon for a healthier or meatless alternative.
- Crispy Potatoes: Instead of using Ore Ida Crispy Crowns, you can make homemade crispy hash browns or diced roasted potatoes.
- Green Chile Pinto Beans: If green chile pinto beans are not available, you can use black beans, refried beans, or any other type of canned or cooked beans as a filling option.
- Condiments: Customize your burritos by adding other condiments like salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, or spicy chipotle mayo.
Serving and Storage Tips
SERVE: Serve these breakfast burritos when they’re freshly made, or freeze for later.
STORE: Wrap the cooled burritos in foil or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Wrap cooled burritos in foil and then place in freezer bags until ready to re-heat. Burritos will keep for about 6 months this way.
REHEAT: Unwrap the burrito and cook on high in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let the burrito sit for 3 minutes before eating. Trust me, you don’t want to burn your mouth!
MY SECRET WEAPON: Crock Pot Green Chile Pinto Beans (see them pictured below).
One tip is to wrap the burritos tightly. Wrapping them tightly will help remove excess moisture, which can leave the tortillas soggy. Another tip is to layer the cheese first instead of the eggs. The scrambled eggs can have extra moisture, which can seep into the tortilla, but the cheese will help prevent this.
Breakfast burritos are typically filled with classic American breakfast items like scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, beans, cheese, veggies, and sour cream. My breakfast burrito recipe calls for my green chile pinto beans. The pinto beans and the guacamole in these breakfast burritos give every bite a flavor.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Grilled Bacon
- Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas
- Old Fashioned Sour Cream Donuts
- Breakfast Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Zucchini Quiche with Basil
- Loaded Breakfast Sandwich
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- Egg Muffins
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Remove tortilla packaging, and wrap them in a clean kitchen towel. Heat the tortillas in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Layer the bottom third of the tortilla with ¼ cup cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, crispy crowns, green chile pinto beans, and guacamole. Get a hefty amount of filling in there!
- Fold up the sides and bottom of the tortilla. Roll up the rest of the burrito and enjoy!