This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip has a classic buffalo wing flavor but transformed into an easy-to-make dip. The dip is irresistible, creamy, and even keto!
This dip serves eight and costs $6.94 to make. That works out to be about $0.87 per serving.
Creamy, cheesy, spicy, and easy are all words that describe this dip. It is a total crowd-pleaser, and it’s one of my go-to recipes for game-day parties, and anytime I need an appetizer.
The creamy cheese mixes with the chicken and spicy buffalo sauce will leave you wanting to lick the bowl clean! Because you make this dip in the slow cooker, it is a breeze to make.
This is truly a recipe that allows you to cook smarter, not harder. As a result, you will have more time to watch that pre-game show, talk with friends, or just put your feet up and relax.
I enjoy dipping celery sticks, pita crackers, tortilla chips, and carrot sticks into this dip. And bonus, this dip is keto-friendly! So this dip really is a dip everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.87
Recipe Cost: $6.94
- 2 cooked chicken breasts – $2.08
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $1.96
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce – $1.41
- ½ cup sour cream – $0.72
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese – $0.62
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning – $0.05
- 1 sliced green onion – $0.10
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Then, cover and cook on high for 90 minutes.
- To finish, garnish with green onions before serving with celery, carrot sticks, or chips.
- If you like strong ranch flavors, you can add ½ – 1 Tablespoon of additional ranch seasoning.
- Ranch dressing may be substituted for the sour cream and ranch seasoning if desired.
- This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken from my crockpot shredded chicken recipe and whole chicken recipe.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken can be used instead of shredded chicken.
SERVE: You can scoop the buffalo chicken dip into a bowl for serving and keep it at room temperature for about 2 hours. Alternatively, you can keep it in the Crockpot on warm for about 3-4 hours.
STORE: Place in an air-tight container and store the dip in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: I do not recommend freezing this dip because of the buffalo chicken dip’s sour cream and cream cheese. Upon defrosting and reheating it, it will be gritting and really an unpleasant texture.
REHEAT: Place the dip in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on 50% power at 1-minute intervals, stirring after each minute until heated through.
- Slow cooker
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Wooden mixing spoon
Typically, this is because there is too much buffalo sauce and not enough chicken in the dip. You can add more chicken to help thicken it up. Low-fat cream cheese can also make the dip runny, so I recommend avoiding low-fat cream cheese with this recipe.
I’ll be impressed if you have any leftovers! But if you do, you can quickly reheat the dip in the microwave. Place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat 50% power at 1-minute intervals until the desired temperature is reached.
As long as you store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge, it should stay fresh for up to four days.
- Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
- Chile Con Queso
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- French Onion Dip
- Best Guacamole Recipe
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP:
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 sliced green onions
PREP AND COOK:
- Add all ingredients to a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH heat for 90 minutes, occasionally stirring while cooking.
GARNISH AND SERVE:
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
- Scoop into a serving bowl to serve or keep on warm in the crockpot for serving.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks or tortilla chips and corn chips.