You will love this Crockpot Rotel Cheese Dip because once it’s done cooking, turn the Crockpot to Warm, and you’ll have a warm dip for hours. This is perfect for entertaining and parties!
This dip costs about $11.48 to make and serves 12. That’s just $0.96 per serving! I love making dips for parties. Some of my favorites include French Onion Dip, Queso Blanco Dip, and Whipped Feta Dip.
Slow Cooker Rotel Cheese Dip
Dips are perfect for serving at parties, pot lucks, after school snacks, or for an appetizer to snack on while you make dinner. I like making this cheese dip in the slow cooker because once it is done, you just turn the crockpot to warm, and the dip will keep for hours. This is perfect for setting out at a party!
If you are short on time and do not have a couple of hours to make the dip in the slow cooker, I have also included the directions for making this dip in the oven and on the stovetop.
Rotel Cheese Dip is a creamy, cheesy dip with just enough spicy heat in each bite. The dip comes together by melting the cream cheese, Velveeta, spices, Rotel tomatoes, and sausage in a slow cooker.
It pairs perfectly with a tortilla chip, but just about anything goes. Set out pita chips, crackers, veggies, or bagel chips, and they will all be delicious.
Make this Rotel Cheese Dip for your next crowd-pleasing appetizer, and watch it disappear as everyone dips away at it!
How do you melt Velveeta cheese with Rotel?
Cut the Velveeta cheese block into cubes and place them in the slow cooker with the other ingredients. The cheese will melt during the two hours that it will cook in the slow cooker.
How do you keep Velveeta cheese dip creamy?
Velveeta cheese does harden as it cools down after cooking. This is another reason why I love making this dip in a slow cooker. Keeping the setting on warm for serving will keep the dip smooth and creamy throughout the night.
How long does Velveeta and Rotel dip last?
This Sausage and Rotel Cheese Dip will stay fresh in the fridge for up to four days. Store it in an airtight container to help it stay fresh. Then warm it in the microwave or on the stovetop when ready to serve again.
How to make Slow Cooker Rotel Cheese Dip:
STEP ONE: First, cook the sausage in a large skillet. Drain after cooking.
STEP TWO: Next, place all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for two hours.
STEP THREE: Finally, stir before serving.
- Slow cooker
- Large saucepan
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
How much will this Slow Cooker Rotel Cheese Dip recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $11.48
PER SERVING COST: $0.96
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 16 ounces Italian Sausage – $3.48
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $1.96
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese – $4.98
- 1 can Rotel with green chiles – $0.98
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – $0.06
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon onion powder – $0.01
More Dip Appetizers:
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
- Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
- Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Andes Mint Cheesecake Dip
- Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
- Cannoli Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Bacon Ranch Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Chile Con Queso
Crockpot Rotel Cheese Dip
- 16 ounces Italian sausage mild or hot, cooked and drained well
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound Velveeta processed cheese cubed
- 10 ounce can 10 oz Rotel with green chiles undrained
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no pink remains, drain.
COOK ROTEL DIP:
- Add all ingredients to Crock-Pot and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Stir and then serve.
- Stovetop: Add cheese, cream cheese, and cooked and drained sausage to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until cheese is almost melted. Stir in Rotel, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and onion powder. Continue cooking until smooth and bubbly.
- Oven: Cook dip as directed above, then sprinkle with additional shredded cheese and heat in a 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.