The holidays and game day just aren’t the same without Crockpot Little Smokies! You can serve them as an appetizer or a main dish.
This classic appetizer serves 12 and costs about $7.60 to make. That is only $0.64 per serving folks! What an affordable appetizer for any party.
Crockpot Little Smokies
I love appetizers because of how versatile they are. You can serve them at a holiday party, a potluck, a baby shower, Super Bowl Sunday, or even for dinner.
Crockpot Little Smokies is the BEST recipe because the options for when to serve it are endless. My family loves to snack on them as an appetizer or as our main dish for an easy weeknight meal.
The sweet and savory BBQ sauce slathered over the little smokies, cooked to perfection in the slow cooker, will leave your tastebuds satisfied.
Simply cook the smokies and add in the homemade BBQ sauce for a tasty appetizer ready in no time at all!
What do you eat with Little Smokies?
Do you have to cook Little Smokies?
Little Smokies are pre-cooked bite-size sausages. So you are not cooking them but rather reheating them while allowing them to soak in the BBQ sauce. This is why this dish comes together in under an hour.
How many Little Smokies come in a package?
Generally, there are about 40 sausage links per package of Little Smokies. This recipe calls for two packages, which will give you about 80 sausage links. Plenty to feed a crowd!
How to make Crockpot Little Smokies:
STEP ONE: First, in a medium bowl, make the BBQ sauce. Stir together until well combined.
STEP TWO: Next, place the little smokies in the crockpot. Cook on low for 20-30 minutes.
STEP THREE: Then, pour in the sauce and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
How much will this Crockpot Little Smokies recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $7.60
PER SERVING COST: $0.64
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 1 cup ketchup – $0.88
- ¾ cup brown sugar – $0.33
- 1 tablespoon vinegar – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon vinegar – $0.01
- 2 packages of little smokie sausages – $6.20
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce – $0.12
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon onion powder – $0.02
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- Charcuterie Board
- French Onion Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Best Guacamole DIp
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Crescent Roll Pizza
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Dr. Pepper Baked Hot Wings
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Swedish Meatballs
Crockpot Little Smokies
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 28 oz little smokie sausages (2) 14-ounce packages
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Put little smokies into the crockpot and cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes, or until sausages are heated through.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the little smokies continue to cook on low heat for an additional 15-20 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Serve immediately.