THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
This Whipped Feta Dip is a creamy mezze dip that is tangy, salty, and best served with veggies and pita chips. The best part is that it takes just 5 minutes to make!
Whipped Feta Dip served 8 and cost about $4.43 to make, which is only $0.56 per serving. This dip makes the perfect appetizer for any party or family gathering or even just a midday snack.
Whipped Feta Dip
I want to introduce you to your new favorite appetizer. This creamy Whipped Feta Dip will soon be at the top of your list. It is great for a midday snack, an after school snack, spreading it on toast for breakfast, bringing it to a party, adding it to your favorite salad or soup, or slathering it on some bread for a sandwich.
A few minutes is all it takes to prepare this dip, and then you can enjoy dipping some flatbread, pita crackers, sliced veggies, pretzel chips, or whatever else your heart desires in it.
Feta cheese, as you know it, is delicious but crumbly. However, once the feta cheese is whipped, it is the perfect consistency for a creamy and smooth dip. What will you dip into it?
What flavors go with feta cheese?
Many herbs, crackers, and veggies go well with feta cheese. Here are a few of my favorites: red bell peppers, pita bread, lemon, oregano, cucumbers, carrots, and flatbread.
How long does feta last in the fridge?
This dip will stay fresh in the fridge for up to five days. Five whole days of snacking on this goodness!
How to make Whipped Feta Dip recipe:
STEPS ONE AND TWO: Break the feta into small pieces. Add the feta, milk, lemon juice, and garlic to the food processor.
STEPS THREE AND FOUR: Process until combined. Continue to process while drizzling in olive oil. Add oregano and process until creamy. Finally, transfer dip to a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil and serve.
How much will this Whipped Feta recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $4.43
PER SERVING COST: $0.56
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice – $0.03
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic – $0.01
- 8 ounces feta cheese – $3.98
- 3 Tablespoons milk – $0.03
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin oil – $0.38
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- Charcuterie Board
- Goat Cheese Tomato Tart
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Crescent Roll Pizza
- Pimento Cheese
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- Swedish Meatballs
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- In a medium bowl, add the feta cheese. Use two forks to break the feta into roughly ½-inch pieces.
- Add feta, milk, lemon juice, and minced garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Process for 20 seconds.
- Continue running the food processor and slowly add in 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Turn off, scrape down the sides of the work bowl, and add the oregano.
- Process the mixture for 45 seconds, scrape down the sides of the work bowl, and then process for 45 more seconds. The mixture will be thick and creamy.
- Transfer the feta dip to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil if you’re serving right away. If not, then chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.