This Easy Chicken Marinade makes flavorful and juicy chicken every time. It’s perfect for boneless skinless breasts, bone-in chicken breasts and pieces, chicken thighs, kabobs, and more.
This marinade is the perfect compliment to my Grilled Chicken recipe (coming soon). Marinades make all the difference when grilling various meats. Try out this Easy Steak Marinade for another great grilling option.
You can make this marinade for $2.78. It makes four servings, which is about $0.70 per serving.
If you need a simple marinade that will take your chicken up a notch this grilling season, then you have come to the right spot! This Chicken Marinade is simply the BEST! It is easy to make and full of juicy flavor.
Taking a bite out of a piece of dry chicken is the worst! Use this marinade, and you will never have dry chicken again. And the super good news is just how easy this marinade recipe is to make!
Take your plain chicken to the next level by leaving the chicken in the marinade for 1-4 hours. After cooking it on the grill, you’ll have juicy, moist, flavorful chicken breasts.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.70
Recipe Cost: $2.78
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice – $0.52
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce – $0.15
- ¼ cup olive oil – $0.58
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano – $0.10
- ¼ cup fresh parsley – $0.40
- ¼ cup fresh basil – $0.80
- 3 large garlic cloves – $0.15
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon paprika – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – $0.03
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Next, add the chicken to a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag.
- Place the bag in the fridge to chill for 1-4 hours.
- Finally, remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for twenty minutes before cooking or grilling.
- Instead of fresh oregano you can use 2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- You can use 4 teaspoons of dried parsley and dried basil instead of using fresh parsley and fresh basil.
- Instead of brown sugar you can use 1 Tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.
STORE: You can make the marinade up to 3 days ahead of time; make sure you give it a good whisk. Store the chicken marinade in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: While you can freeze this marinade, I don’t feel like you need to since it’s quick and easy to make.
For a more tender and juicy piece of chicken, marinate it for at least one hour but no longer than four hours.
If you leave your chicken in the marinade for too long it will become a bit tough.
Do not poke holes in your chicken breasts to marinate them. This can cause issues when grilling as the juices may drain out through the holes.
More Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Strip Steak
- Grilled Pineapple
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Smoked Burgers
- Smoked Ribs
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Buttery Smoked Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
Easy Chicken Marinade
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add chicken to a large resealable bag or container.
- Pour marinade over chicken and seal.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator to chill for 1-4 hours.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and set it at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking or grilling.