The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This easy Steak Marinade For Grilling makes flavorful and juicy steaks every time. It’s perfect for strip steak, skirt steak, flank steak, sirloin, kabobs, and more.
This recipe costs $1.69 to make six servings. That is only $0.28 per serving.
If you love steak, then you’ll need to try my Grilled Steak Marsala, Beef Negimaki, Carne Asada Street Tacos, and How to Grill Strip Steak tutorial.
A marinade can take a plain dry tasting steak to the next level. You can genuinely have restaurant-quality steak at home with minimal effort. With only 5 minutes of prep time, you can yield excellent results.
This marinade recipe is not only easy but also full of flavor, using staple pantry ingredients, giving you a tender and juicy steak. This will be your new go-to marinade every time you have some steaks for grilling!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.28
Recipe Cost: $1.69
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil – $0.58
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce – $0.18
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce – $0.20
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard – $0.04
- 2 large garlic cloves – $0.10
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions – $0.23
- 2 Tablespoons steak seasoning – $0.30
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley – $0.06
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, add all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients together until all combined.
- Place the steak in a Ziploc bag or container and pour the marinade over the steaks.
- Seal the bag or container and shake to cover the steaks evenly.
- Finally, refrigerate for 1-4 hours before grilling.
- Instead of fresh parsley, you can use one teaspoon of dried parsley.
- You can use either Dijon or yellow mustard.
- Instead of fresh garlic, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Once the marinade is made, you can store it in a covered container or large Mason jar in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Mixing bowl
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
No rule says you have to marinate steaks before grilling. However, it adds flavor and helps to tenderize the meat if you can marinate them before grilling.
Steaks should marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. You can do it for up to four hours. However, I would not recommend letting them marinate for much longer, as the acidity of the marinade will cause the proteins in the steak to break down over time. This will result in mushy meat instead of tender.
I do not recommend poking holes in steak before marinating them. Poking holes allows the juices to drain instead of staying in the steak. We want the juices to remain in the steak to help tenderize the meat and give it the juicy flavor we all love.
More Grilling Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Butter Smoked Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- Grilled Steak Marsala
- Easy Cilantro Thai Chicken
- Grilled Spinach Artichoke Flatbread
- Honey Garlic Sticky Buns
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Grilled Pineapple
Steak Marinade For Grilling
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning I used McCormick
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl or large measuring cup.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add steak to resealable Ziploc bag or container.
- Pour marinade over the steaks, seal the bag or container, and shake the bag gently to distribute the marinade evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours before grilling.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
This marinade is so simple and delicious!! I’ll often make a batch and store it in the fridge to use in different recipes throughout the week!
Carrie Robinson says
Yum! Now this sounds absolutely amazing. I am so ready for grilling season. 🙂
I can only imagine the deliciousness of that stake; great marinade makes all the difference!
Thanks for sharing!
We finally started grilling again, so can’t wait to try this marinade! Sounds so tasty!
It’s grilling season and I’m looking for new ways to dress up meat! This marinade is fabulous – it’s savory and loaded with flavor that made the meat turn out amazingly!
Just wanted to share how i love this marinade, made this for the second time last night! Delicious!
Dori Johns says
Just ate our strip steaks that marinated for about 1 and a half hours. Wow, they were so tender and delicious! I still can’t believe the incredible flavor! Thanks so much.
Dori, you’re so welcome! Thanks for stopping by to let me know you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂
This is a great marinade recipe but as far as I see it lacks in grilling instructions . I am ready to grill but at what temp? Direct heat ? Indirect heat ? How long?
I’m sure I’ve missed something
This is just the post for the marinade. Here’s the post on grilling steak (I also mention it in the post). https://foodfolksandfun.net/how-to-grill-strip-steak/ Happy grilling! 🙂