Saucy, tangy, succulent Honey Mustard Chicken is a tasty weeknight meal that everyone will not just love, but DEVOUR! Give yourself 18 minutes and dinner is served with this quick and easy dinner recipe!
Honey Mustard Chicken is not just for weeknight dinners. It’s elegant enough for entertaining, too. The recipe is delicious and some serious comfort food! But it’s not just comfort food, it’s what Foster Farms likes to call the #NewComfortFood. This means it’s everything you love about classic comfort food dishes but made healthier. This description fits my Honey Mustard Chicken recipe perfectly!
My Honey Mustard Chicken is made with Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken. It’s my chicken of choice because it’s antibiotics-free and the chickens are only fed a 100% vegetarian diet. You can get a $1.00 off Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken coupon here!
Let’s take a moment to talk about the luscious honey mustard sauce. The recipe purposefully makes more sauce than you think you’ll need because trust me, it will be G-O-N-E by dinner’s end! My kids were pouring it over their mashed cauliflower, and soppy up puddles of it with pieces of bread. My kids are little, 6 and 3, and this sauce wasn’t too overpowering for their little palates.
Cook’s Note – Honey Mustard Chicken:
- This recipe can be doubled, just cook the chicken in two separate batches.
- I like to serve this Honey Mustard Chicken with my Mashed Cauliflower (pictured) or Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes.
Cook’s Tools and Special Ingredients – Honey Mustard Chicken:
Honey Mustard Chicken + Giveaway!Print Pin Rate
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ pounds Foster Farms Simply Raised Thin Sliced Breast Fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard or any other mustard with whole grain mustard seeds
- freshly chopped parsley optional
- In small prep bowl add cornstarch and water. Stir until combined.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and add chicken to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden, then flip and cook 2-3 additional minutes. Move chicken to plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth. Bring broth to simmer, and use wire whisk to scrape up any golden bits from bottom of pan. Whisk in honey, both mustards, and cornstarch mixture. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken back into pan and nestle it into sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and cook until chicken is heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with parsley and serve over mashed cauliflower.
Disclosure: This post for Honey Mustard Chicken recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.