Saucy, tangy, succulent Honey Mustard Chicken recipe is a tasty weeknight meal that everyone will not just love, but DEVOUR! Give yourself 18 minutes and dinner is served with this quick and easy dinner recipe!
Honey Mustard Chicken is not just for weeknight dinners. It’s elegant enough for entertaining, too. The recipe is delicious and some serious comfort food! This recipe is everything that you love about classic comfort food but made healthier.
Let’s take a moment to talk about the luscious honey mustard sauce. The recipe purposefully makes more sauce than you think you’ll need because trust me, it will be G-O-N-E by dinner’s end! My kids were pouring it over their mashed cauliflower, and soppy up puddles of it with pieces of bread. My kids are little, 6 and 3, and this sauce wasn’t too overpowering for their little palates.
Cook’s Note – Honey Mustard Chicken:
- This recipe can be doubled, just cook the chicken in two separate batches.
- I like to serve this chicken dish with my Mashed Cauliflower (pictured) or Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Special Ingredients:
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1.5 pounds thinly sliced chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard or any other mustard with whole grain mustard seeds
- freshly chopped parsley optional
- In a small prep bowl add cornstarch and water. Stir until combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and add chicken to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden, then flip and cook 2-3 additional minutes. Move chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth. Bring broth to simmer, and use a wire whisk to scrape up any golden bits from the bottom of the pan. Whisk in honey, both mustards, and cornstarch mixture. Cook until sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken back into the pan and nestle it into the sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and cook until chicken is heated through about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with parsley and serve over mashed cauliflower.