These Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes are the easiest and the best side dish or breakfast dish for any get-together!
We all know that the holiday season can get a little crazy with all of the parties, potlucks, cookie exchanges, and family dinners. That’s why I have recipes like these Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes that make holiday cooking so easy! With this recipe, you literally dump all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, give it a stir and let it cook for a few hours. That’s it!
How do you make cheesy potatoes in the oven?
If time is an issue, you can definitely make this Cheesy Potato recipe in the oven. Here’s how:
- Place all of the ingredients into a lightly greased 9-13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, or until bubbly and starting to brown in spots.
These cheesy potatoes are decadent, insanely easy to make, and make an appearance on every holiday table! These are also great for potlucks and parties.
COOK’S NOTE – CROCKPOT CHEESY POTATOES:
- Your slow cooker must have a 4 quart capacity or larger for this recipe.
- You can double this recipe, just make sure you add 2 hours to the LOW cooking time, and 1 hour to the HIGH cooking time.
- You can prep this recipe ahead of time and store the slow cooker insert in your refrigerator until you’re ready to start cooking the cheesy hashbrown potatoes.
- When I’m making these for breakfast, sometimes I throw in some leftover, cooked bacon, or even some cooked breakfast sausage to the mix. Sometimes I even add some veggies like diced bell pepper or canned green chiles.
COOK’S TOOLS – CHEESY POTATO RECIPE:
ONE YEAR AGO: Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
TWO YEARS AGO: Breakfast Burritos
THREE YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Sausage Pasta
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 32- ounce bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 10.75- ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon chicken granules or 1 smashed bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions
- Use non-stick cooking spray to lightly grease your slow cooker insert. Dump all of the ingredients, except for the toppings, into the greased slow cooker.
- Stir until combined and no sour cream streaks remain. Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, top with shredded cheddar and green onions (if using). Serve once the cheese topping is good and melty.