This easy Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe with mushroom gravy is some serious comfort food. The boneless pork chops are flavorful because they’re cooked in mushrooms, onions, garlic, and beef broth.
This recipe costs $15.28 to make four servings. That works out to be about $3.82 per serving, including the luscious mushroom gravy, poured over the top of these chops!
If you need more Instant Pot recipes, I highly recommend my Instant Pot Creme Brulee. It is amazing! I also suggest using your Instant Pot to make Miso Soup. You should also check out this Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes for a one-pot dinner that is simple and delicious.
Juicy, tender Pork Chops served with Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans, Homemade Applesauce (or use your recipe for Fried Apples) is the definition of pure comfort food. This is everything a Sunday family dinner should be!
While it is perfect for a Sunday dinner, it is also quick and easy for a weeknight dinner during busy weeknights. This is a delicious dinner recipe I find myself making time and time again because the whole family loves it.
Making the boneless chops and the gravy in the Instant Pot leaves you with only one dish to clean up afterward. Score! Speaking of gravy, did I mention how rich and creamy it is? Perfect for smothering over the top of the pork chops and for soaking into those Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes!
This will become your go-to pork chop recipe not only for the taste but also for its convenience.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $3.82
Recipe Cost: $15.28
- 4 thick-cut Pork Chops – $10.56
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.14
- 2 Tablespoons butter – $0.20
- 1 clove garlic – $0.05
- 1 medium yellow onion – $0.62
- 2 cups button or baby Bella mushrooms – $1.90
- 2 cups of beef broth – $0.66
- 1 ¼ cup cream of mushroom soup – $1.06
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch – $0.09
- 3 Tablespoons water – $0.00
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, season the pork chops with salt and pepper on all sides. Then brown them in the Instant Pot on the saute setting.
- Next, press the saute button on the pot and saute the veggies in the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the beef broth and soup and then add the pork chops back to the pot.
- Cook on high for twelve minutes. Let it naturally release pressure for ten minutes.
- Finally, make the gravy by making a cornstarch slurry to thicken the liquid from the pot and scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Spoon the creamy mushroom sauce over the juicy pork chops before serving.
- Instead of beef broth, you can use chicken broth or chicken stock.
- If you don’t have onions you can use 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
SERVE: You can keep this at room temperature for about 2 hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Once cooled, cover leftovers and store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Once cooled, place the pork chops and gravy in an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 months.
REHEAT: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for 4-5 hours. Heat in the microwave at 2-minute increments until heated through.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Liquid measuring cup
- Chef’s knife
- Instant Pot
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden mixing spoon
Most likely, you may have overcooked the pork chops. Be sure to leave them in the Instant Pot for the recommended cooking time to avoid overcooking them.
Buying bone-in pork chops typically results in a juicier cut of meat that will not dry out while cooking it. Browning the pork before cooking also helps absorb the juices, which will stay in while cooking instead of releasing into the pot, so I do not recommend skipping this step.
Also, be sure to season the pork with salt and pepper. The salt will help tenderize the meat.
If the pork chops are frozen, it will take longer to cook, so I recommend defrosting them first. However, if you cannot do this, skip the browning step and add 5 minutes to the cooking time. Please note that the Instant Pot will take longer to come to pressure with the frozen pork chops.
More Pork Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Copycat Honey Baked Ham
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
- Easy Pork Loin Roast
- Smoked Ribs
- Crockpot Spare Ribs
- Grandma’s Golumpki
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Honey Garlic Sticky Ribs
- Italian Sausage Burgers
Instant Pot Pork Chops With Gravy
- 4 thick-cut Pork Chops
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups button or baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 ¼ cup cream of mushroom soup homemade or canned
FOR THE GRAVY:
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
BROWN PORK CHOPS:
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute setting. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and heat oil. Place pork chops in a single layer and brown the pork chops on all sides. They should be golden brown. Transfer to a plate, and set the pork chops aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, the onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and saute 2-3 minutes until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Stir in beef broth and cream of mushroom soup. Add the pork chops back to the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to PRESSURE COOK (on high pressure) or MANUAL for 12 minutes.
- Once the cooking time ends, let the pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to “venting” to release the remaining pressure. The internal temperature of the meat should be no less than 145 degrees F.
- Remove the lid and transfer pork chops to a plate and cover them with foil.
- Set the Instant Pot back to SAUTE mode and bring the liquid in the pot to a boil,
- In a small bowl, make a cornstarch slurry by stirring together water and cornstarch until combined.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the gravy until it thickens. Make sure you scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot while you whisk.
- Season the gravy to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops and spoon the gravy over the chops.