The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe is everything you love about the classic but so much better! It’s easy to make, full of flavor, and the potatoes cook right along with it!
This meal costs $10.40 to make. It makes six servings for a total of $1.74 per serving.
For another Instant Pot meal, check out my Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy.
Meatloaf is a family favorite that is made even easier with this recipe. I love that you can make the main dish and the side dish at the same time in the Instant Pot with this recipe.
The potatoes go on the bottom while the meatloaf cooks in foil above the potatoes. This all-in-one meal is life-changing!
This simple recipe is flavorful and juicy. Say goodbye to dry meatloaf! The right mixture of seasonings along with the pressure cooking from the Instant Pot make for a deliciously irresistible weeknight dinner.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.74
Recipe Cost: $10.40
- ½ cup bread crumbs – $0.21
- 1 egg – $0.10
- 1 teaspoon onion powder – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.01
- 2 pounds lean ground beef – $6.02
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – $0.03
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – $0.06
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1 cup ketchup – $0.88
- 1 ½ cups pounds baby red potatoes – $1.34
- ¾ cup chicken broth – $0.24
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt – $0.01
- ½ cup onion – $0.12
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, arrange the potatoes, onions, and chicken broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Next, in another bowl, make the meatloaf mixture and shape it into a loaf on a piece of foil.
- Place the meatloaf foil on top of the trivet that is sitting on top of the potatoes.
- Finally, cook for 25 minutes. Glaze the meatloaf and serve.
- Instead of using all ground beef, you can use 1 pound of either ground pork or ground turkey and 1 pound of ground beef.
- Sometimes I use pasta sauce as a glaze instead of ketchup.
- Small yellow potatoes can be used instead of red potatoes.
Storage and Reheating Tips
SERVE: After two hours, the Instant Pot Meatloaf will need to be refrigerated.
STORE: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
FREEZE: Wrap the meatloaf in two layers of plastic wrap and foil. Place in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. Freeze for 2-3 months. Before reheating, defrost the meatloaf overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 4-5 hours.
REHEAT: Place the meatloaf in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Instant pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Pastry brush
- Large bowl
Cover and seal the Instant Pot and cook it on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10-minute natural release. After 10 minutes of natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board and allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You do not need to brown the meat before placing it in the Instant Pot. That is the real beauty of this recipe. Form the meat into a loaf and then let the Instant Pot do the work for you!
More Main Dishes
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Pineapple Teriyaki Steak Tips
- Stuffed Shells
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Oven-Baked Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Chicken Divan Casserole
- Pad See Ew Noodles
- Crockpot Pot Roast with Mushrooms
Instant Pot Meatloaf And Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- Place the baby potatoes, chopped onion, and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot. Sprinkle the seasoned salt over the top of the potatoes.
MAKE MEATLOAF MIXTURE:
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Form the meat mixture into a loaf on the foil that will fit into the Instant Pot.
- Scrunch the sides of the foil around the edges of the meatloaf and place the meatloaf on a trivet. Add the trivet on top of the potatoes in the Instant Pot.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10-minute natural release.
- After 10 minutes of natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board and allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes.
GLAZE AND SERVE:
- Glaze the meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.