The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Pumpkin Cheese Ball appetizer comes together in just a few minutes and with five simple ingredients! Cream cheese gets mixed with green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and finely minced salami for a smoky and salty kick. Shape it like a cute little pumpkin for an extra festive touch this fall.
The recipe makes eight servings and costs about $4.84 to make. That’s just $0.30 per serving.
If you need a fun, cute appetizer for a Halloween or Fall party, Thanksgiving, or just because, then you should put this cheese ball at the top of your list! Folks love cutting into the cheese ball and being surprised by the minced salami.
The adorable pumpkin shape is one everyone will enjoy, and the taste is even better! Cream cheese is whipped smooth with some irresistible flavors added in and then covered in shredded cheese.
Use crackers and veggies to dip into the cheese ball, and you will see just how addictive it is. Every time I make this Pumpkin shaped Cheese Ball recipe, it is always a hit!
INGREDIENTS AND COST
Per Serving Cost: $0.30
Recipe Cost: $4.84
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $1.96
- 10 slices hard salami – $1.80
- 4 green onions – $0.40
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce – $0.02
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – $0.64
- 1 small pretzel stick – $0.02
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Next, shape the cheese into a ball shape.
- Then roll it in cheese, wrap it in plastic wrap, and place it in the fridge.
- Finally, shape it into a pumpkin and push the center of the top of the cheese ball in. Push the pretzel in the top to create the stem before serving.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, and veggies.
- You can use finely minced high-quality roast beef instead of salami. You can also use pepperoni.
- If you are feeling creative, use green onion or parsley to create leaves for the pumpkin! You can also cut triangles from black olives to make a Jack-o’-lantern face for a not-so-spooky Halloween appetizer.
Serve: Serve cold with firm crackers, such as Triscuits or Wheat Thins, pretzels, or with veggies. You can keep the pumpkin cheese ball out for about two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
Store: This can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can easily make this ahead of time for any holiday party.
Freeze: Wrap the ball tightly in plastic wrap and then tin foil before placing it in the freezer. It will stay fresh for up to one month. Remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge to defrost twenty-four hours before you would like to use it.
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Measuring cups
- Rubber scraper
The base is cream cheese with a few other ingredients whipped smooth and formed into a ball. This recipe calls for Worcestershire sauce, green onions, and salami in addition to the cream cheese. The ball is then covered in shredded cheese.
My favorites include veggie sticks, such as carrots, celery, and sweet peppers. Of course, crackers are also a must. However, you can also do pita chips, pretzels, and even toasted mini bagels.
Be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap after forming the cheese ball into a pumpkin shape. Then place it in the fridge for one hour before rolling it in shredded cheese. This step is what will make the ball firm.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Shrimp Cocktail and Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- Charcuterie Board Basics
- French Onion Dip
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Homemade Pimento Cheese
- Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 10 slices hard salami very finely minced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small pretzel stick
MAKE CHEESE MIXTURE:
- Use a spatula to blend cream cheese, salami, green onion, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt as needed.
SHAPE CHEESE BALL:
- Using a piece of plastic wrap, form the cheese into a ball shape. Roll the cheese ball in shredded cheddar to evenly coat. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After the cheese ball is firm, shape it into a pumpkin using plastic wrap or waxed paper to help form the shape. Push the center of the top of the cheese ball in about ½” to create the indented top of the pumpkin where the stem will be. Place on a serving plate, Push the pretzel into the cheese ball to create the “stem.”
- Serve cold with firm crackers, such as Triscuit or Wheat Thins, or pretzels.
● You can use finely minced high-quality roast beef instead of salami.
● If you are feeling creative, use green onion or parsley to create leaves for the pumpkin! You can also cut triangles from black olives to make a Jack-o’-lantern face for a not-so-spooky Halloween appetizer.