The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Enjoy the ultimate Southern classic, Pimento Cheese, with buttery crackers or veggie sticks. Simple, portable, and a family favorite for snacking!
This recipe costs approximately $8.75 to make. The recipe serves fifteen for about $0.58 per serving.
For a hot version of this dip, check out my Hot Pimento Cheese Dip with a Tex-Mex flair!
Pimento Cheese Recipe
Pimento Cheese has a creamy texture full of cheese with a tangy kick. While you can buy this dip pre-made at the grocery store, it is way better homemade!
Spread it on your favorite buttery cracker or on sandwich bread. It can also be served with veggie sticks. This vintage dip is a classic for holiday parties or afternoon snacks.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.58
Recipe Cost: $8.75
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise – $0.42
- 4 ounces cream cheese – $0.75
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice – $0.02
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- ½ teaspoon paprika – $0.01
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – $0.02
- ½ teaspoon onion powder – $0.01
- 12 teaspoon ground dry mustard – $0.04
- 8 ounces yellow sharp cheddar cheese – $2.56
- 8 ounces white sharp cheddar cheese – $2.22
- 6-ounce can diced pimentos – $2.67
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have. I updated the pricing for this recipe in April 2023.
How To Make Pimento Cheese
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, whisk together the mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, spices, onion powder, and ground mustard.
- Then, shred the yellow sharp cheddar cheese on the large holes of a box grater.
- Next, shred the white sharp cheddar cheese on the small holes of a box grater.
- Fold, the cheese and pimentos into the mayonnaise mixture until mixed together.
- Finally, serve with RITZ crackers or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Add diced jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- Use different types of cheese like smoked gouda or cheddar for unique flavors.
- Mix in herbs like dill, parsley, or thyme for added freshness.
- Use Greek yogurt or sour cream instead of mayo for a tangy twist.
- Add diced onions, green onions, or chives for extra flavor and texture.
- Stir in crispy bacon bits for a smoky flavor and crunch.
- Add chopped pickles or pickle juice for a tangy and crunchy element
- Mix in chopped roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes for added depth of flavor.
SERVE: Serve the dip immediately with crackers and veggies or place it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
STORE: The Pimento Cheese can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. I prefer keeping it in a glass jar-a canning jar works great!
FREEZE: I do not recommend freezing Pimento Cheese. Freezing can change the texture and consistency of the cheese, causing it to become crumbly and watery once thawed.
My recipe uses cream cheese, yellow sharp cheddar cheese, and white sharp cheddar cheese. All the good things!
For this recipe you will need cream cheese, mayonnaise, yellow and white sharp cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, dry ground mustard, and pimentos. For the exact measurements of each ingredient, scroll down to the recipe card.
This Pimento Cheese recipe will stay fresh in the fridge for about a week. See the storage tips for more information and tips for keeping the pimento cheese fresh.
- Everything But the Bagel Dip
- Smoked Queso
- Shortcut Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Salsa Verde
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
- Chile Con Queso
- Marinated Goat Cheese
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Jalapeno Dip
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 8 ounces yellow sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces white sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 ounce jar diced pimentos drained and patted dry (about ⅓ cup)
FOR SERVING (both optional):
- veggie sticks
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire, spices, onion powder, and ground mustard.
- Shred the yellow sharp cheddar on large holes of a box grater.
- Shred white sharp cheddar on small holes of a box grater.
- Fold all of cheese and pimentos into mayonnaise mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately on crackers or veggies, or chill until ready to serve.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
dina and bruce miller says
Love an easy cheezy app!
A classic, and tastes that bit better being freshly made. Great for entertaining.