This “set it and forget it” slow cooker salsa will soon become your favorite salsa recipe! It’s incredibly easy to make with very little prep time. It’s great for tailgating, game day, barbeques, dressing up your favorite taco, or just for snacking.
BONUS: In this post, you’ll find directions for canning this Slow Cooker Salsa!
Chips and salsa are my jam! They’re my favorite go-to snack, lunch, party food, whatever! I have probably eaten chips and salsa for lunch for days on end and haven’t even noticed. I take that back, I definitely notice once the chips run out. 😉 There’s just something about the tasty blend of savory and bright flavors that has me hooked. Today I’m sharing with you my go-to, SUPER easy recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa. Folks will be begging you for the recipe!
- This recipe is delicious served warm or chilled, so take your pick!
- Leftover salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Disclosure: This Crockpot Salsa recipe includes affiliate links.
CANNING INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER SALSA:
- Do not chill the salsa, rather place the slow cooker salsa into hot, sterile pint-sized jars with 1/2 inch of headspace.
- Place rims on each jar and shake each jar gently to remove air bubbles. Wipe the rims clean, center the lids, and tighten the bands.
- Place 3-4 jars into a water bath canner filled with boiling water. There should be at least 1 inch of water above the lids, then process the jars in a water bath. Use the guide below for times.
*20 minutes for <1000 feet above sea level
*25 minutes for 1001-5999 feet above sea level
*30 minutes for 6000+ feet above sea level
- Repeat the entire process with any remaining jars of slow cooker salsa!
Cook’s Tools – Crockpot Salsa:
- slow cooker
- food processor OR blender
- zester (believe it or not, this little zester is a real workhorse in my kitchen!)
ONE YEAR AGO: Tuscan Tortellini Bake
TWO YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Sheet Cake
THREE YEARS AGO: Chicken Enchiladas
Slow Cooker Salsa
- 10 Roma Tomatoes cored
- 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large white onion peeled and quartered
- 2 large jalapenos de-seeded and sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 large garlic cloves peeled
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
COOK IN SLOW COOKER:
- Add Roma tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and garlic cloves into slow cooker insert. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Working in batches, ladle the mixture into a food processor or blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Pour processed salsa into a bowl and repeat with remaining slow-cooked veggies.
- Mix in lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt (I use about ½ teaspoon salt). Serve immediately for warm salsa, or cover and keep in refrigerator until chilled, about 2 hours.
Other Mexican Favorite Recipes:
- Mexican Rice
- Mexican Street Corn Flatbread Pizza
- Corn Salad
- Spicy Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Copycat On the Border Salsa