Disclosure: This recipe for One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias
There’s a one pot recipe craze going on right now. They’re quick & easy to make, and there seems to be endless combinations. Today I’m sharing my favorite Mexican one pot recipe: One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls. These burrito bowls are perfect for serving while entertaining a crowd. I’ll be serving these during big college basketball games. Burritos can be a little messy to eat while sitting on the couch and watching the game, but serving them as a burrito bowl contains the mess!
Save some money when making this recipe by printing out a coupon for $1.00 off RO*TEL, get it while supplies last. April 6th is the cut off date for using the coupon. Get it HERE!
All the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
Finding RO*TEL at Walmart is easy, look for it on the canned tomatoes aisle. Remember to use your coupon!
Cook’s Note – One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe:
- To assemble the burrito bowls I like to add the rice mixture to a bowl, top with shredded lettuce and add more of the garnishes.
- This one pot burrito bowl mixture is also great served over chips as nachos!
One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 cup extra long-grain rice uncooked
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10- ounce can RO*TEL tomatoes I used their Lime & Cilantro variety
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Roma tomatoes diced
- avocado diced
- sour cream
- green onions sliced
- lime wedges
- In a large, deep pan over medium heat add the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften; about 3-5 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and saute the rice until it starts to brown; about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, cooked chicken, black bean, RO*TEL, chili powder, and ground cumin to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat, uncover, and fluff the mixture briefly with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
- Add your garnishes, and serve!
Be sure to pick up your cans of RO*TEL to make game day a big hit!
What are your favorite recipes using Ro*Tel?
Disclosure: This post for One Pot Burrito Bowls recipe includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.