The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Toasted Coconut Ice Cream is an easy and creamy no-churn recipe that’s easy to make and has bits of toasted coconut in it.
It costs approximately $6.67 to make six servings of this ice cream. Therefore, the price per serving is about $1.11.
If you love coconut as much as I do, you must try this Coconut Cream Cake, Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip, and these White Chocolate Blondies.
Ice Cream is the perfect summertime treat, but sometimes getting out the ice cream maker to make it homemade can be a hassle. That is why I am sharing this Toasted Coconut No-Churn Ice Cream recipe. It is simple to make and tastes so good.
The creamy coconut flavor with toasted coconut flakes is rich and sweet. I love to eat it plain, in an ice cream cone, or in a bowl with a drizzle of chocolate sauce over the top.
However you enjoy it, I know you will agree that this Toasted Coconut Ice Cream recipe is heavenly!
Ingredients & Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.11
Recipe Cost: $6.67
- 1 ¾ cup heavy whipping cream – $1.53
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk – $1.94
- 1 ½ cups full-fat coconut milk – $1.79
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.50
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut – $0.1
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- First, place a loaf pan in the freezer to chill while you make the ice cream.
- Next, toast the shredded coconut for one to two minutes in a small pan. Set the coconut aside.
- Using a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Then, stir in the condensed milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and ½ cup of the shredded toasted coconut until combined.
- Pour the coconut ice cream mixture into the chilled loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
- Finally, place the loaf pan back into the freezer for six to eight hours. Once set, scoop the ice cream into bowls and serve.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- This ice cream has a nice subtle coconut flavor. You can add more coconut flavor by using ¾ teaspoon of vanilla and ¼ teaspoon of coconut extract.
- Sometimes I like adding ½ cup of chocolate chunks to the ice cream mixture before freezing it.
SERVE: Scoop the ice cream into bowls or ice cream cones.
STORE: Store leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4-6 weeks, or store in the loaf pan with plastic wrap for up to 1 week.
My simple recipe calls for just five ingredients. The ingredients are heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and shredded coconut.
More Frozen Treats
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes
- Decadent Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Easy Lemon Sherbet
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream
- Vanilla Custard Ice Cream
- Loaded Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Toasted Coconut Ice Cream – No Churn Recipe
- 1 ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut divided
- Ice cream cones for serving (optional)
- Place a loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- In a small pan, toast the shredded coconut for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat until the coconut shreds become toasted and golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
MAKE ICE CREAM BASE:
- Use an electric mixer to beat the chilled heavy cream in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the condensed milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and ½ cup of the shredded toasted coconut into the whipped cream until combined.
CHILL ICE CREAM:
- Remove the chilled loaf pan from the freezer and pour the coconut ice cream mixture into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of coconut on top.
- Place the loaf pan back into the freezer for 6-8 hours or until the ice cream is fully set.
- When ready, scoop the ice cream into bowls or ice cream cones and serve. Enjoy!
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Wow! Such an simple recipe. My family loves coconut and they are going to love this ice cream.
I’ve been looking for a coconut ice cream recipe and this sounds so tasty – looking forward to trying it soon!
Gina Abernathy says
A wonderful dessert that is both cool and refreshing. Tasty!
Had this ice cream as a dessert last night! Absolutely loved the flavour of the toasted coconut! So lovely to have a good no-churn ice cream recipe as we don’t have an ice cream maker. This was perfect!
Claudia Lamascolo says
The flavor I order out all the time now I can make it myself cant wait!