Today I’m in the kitchen with my daughter, Mia. We’re making some fabulous kid-friendly food. I love having Mia make things that boost her confidence in the kitchen. This recipe does just that! Mia and I bring you our Watermelon Pizza recipe!
The makings of this Watermelon Pizza all started at the grocery store. Mia picked out her ingredients; watermelon, mango, kiwi, blueberries, banana chips, and unsweetened coconut flakes. When we got home I was under strict direction on how to cut the fruit. Basically I was her sous chef. 🙂
After I sliced and diced the fruit, it was time to assemble out watermelon pizza! I loved watching Mia make her pizza. She took pride in the food she was making. I loved watching her show her finished watermelon pizza to her daddy. She was SO proud of herself. This recipe definitely gave her a boost in her kitchen confidence!
Cook’s – Watermelon Pizza Recipe:
- Don’t like the toppings we chose for our watermelon pizza? No problem! The beauty of this dish is that you can use your favorite fruit as the toppings.
- It’s important to use a seedless watermelon for the recipe. If you use a seeded one, they will be hidden beneath the “toppings”. This will make them harder for little ones to find while eating the watermelon pizza.
Watermelon Pizza – Cooking with Kids
- 1 1 to 2- inch slice of seedless watermelon about 6 inches wide
- 2 medium kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1 medium mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries sliced in half
- 1/4 cup banana chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the watermelon on a cutting board and top with the kiwi, mango, blueberries, and banana chips.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the fruit. Slice and serve.
Another recipe to boost kid’s kitchen confidence!
Disclosure: This post for Watermelon Pizza recipe includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter. LOTS of butter!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Three Cheese Calzones - January 17, 2020
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls - January 15, 2020
- Grandma’s Golumpki – Stuffed Polish Cabbage (Gołąbki) - January 14, 2020