Today I’m in the kitchen with my daughter, Mia. We’re making some fabulous kid-friendly food. I love having Mia make things that boost her confidence in the kitchen. This recipe does just that! Mia and I bring you our Watermelon Pizza recipe!
The makings of this Watermelon Pizza all started at the grocery store. Mia picked out her ingredients; watermelon, mango, kiwi, blueberries, banana chips, and unsweetened coconut flakes. When we got home I was under strict direction on how to cut the fruit. Basically I was her sous chef. 🙂
After I sliced and diced the fruit, it was time to assemble out watermelon pizza! I loved watching Mia make her pizza. She took pride in the food she was making. I loved watching her show her finished watermelon pizza to her daddy. She was SO proud of herself. This recipe definitely gave her a boost in her kitchen confidence!
Cook’s – Watermelon Pizza Recipe:
- Don’t like the toppings we chose for our watermelon pizza? No problem! The beauty of this dish is that you can use your favorite fruit as the toppings.
- It’s important to use a seedless watermelon for the recipe. If you use a seeded one, they will be hidden beneath the “toppings”. This will make them harder for little ones to find while eating the watermelon pizza.
Watermelon Pizza – Cooking with Kids
- 1 1 to 2- inch slice of seedless watermelon about 6 inches wide
- 2 medium kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1 medium mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries sliced in half
- 1/4 cup banana chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the watermelon on a cutting board and top with the kiwi, mango, blueberries, and banana chips.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the fruit. Slice and serve.
Another recipe to boost kid’s kitchen confidence!
Disclosure: This post for Watermelon Pizza recipe includes affiliate links. This means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter. LOTS of butter!