This recipe is easily a family favorite at our house; to the point that it always appears on our weekly menu. I always make extras so my hubby can take leftover to work. It’s a great recipe that’s tasty, quick & easy, and healthy.
- I like my fajita veggies to have a slight snap to them. If you like your veggies to be softer, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- This mixture is also great served over tortilla chips.
- Make your own taco mix for this recipe, see my recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 roma tomatoes
- sour cream
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- lime wedges
- minced cilantro
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towel, slice into strips, and season with salt and pepper. Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a 12‑inch skillet over medium-high.
- Add the lime juice to the skillet and then add the chicken, and ½ tablespoon of the taco seasoning. Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes and then flip. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the chicken registers 160 to 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer the chicken to a large plate or platter.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the garlic and sautee for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the bell pepper, onions, and ½ tablespoon of taco seasoning and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the bell pepper is softened but still has a little crispness to it.
- Add the veggies to the plate/platter with the chicken and mix briefly. Serve with flour tortillas. Garnish with tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, lime wedges, and cilantro (all optional).
Want more fajita recipes? Check out my Grilled Fajitas here.
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts, A Glimpse Inside