Disclosure: This post for Waldorf Chicken Salad is sponsored by Tyson. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
Today I want to share a recipe with you that is not just a healthier version of the original, but more nutritious, too. Oh, and it’s wicked easy to make! I present to you Waldorf Chicken Salad Wraps. It’s the New Year and everyone could use a little post-holiday detox and some healthy eating. The easiest way to go about living healthy is to do 2 things: make simple switches in your eating, and by adding nutritious ingredients like Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken. With this recipe I accomplished both of these. I switched out nearly all the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt and added Tyson Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast for added protein.
This past week was super busy for my family so everything needed to be quick & easy; the recipes and the shopping.
The super easy & healthy Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap recipe!
To begin, gather up all the ingredients and do all your chopping and measuring.
Next Mix everything up in a bowl, and lay a wrap/tortilla out with some lettuce and the chicken salad mixture in the middle. Fold burrito-style and cut in half on the diagonal.
And that’s’ a “Wrap”! 😉 You’re done and ready to enjoy your healthy Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap!
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6- ounce packages Tyson Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 large apple cored and diced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes sliced in half
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- chopped Romaine lettuce
- 6 large tortillas or wraps
- In a large bowl, add the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the chicken, apple, grapes and walnuts.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on top of a wrap. Place the chicken salad mixture in the middle of the wrap and fold like a burrito and slice in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately. Chicken salad filling can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.