I’m kind of in love with this Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki Recipe. The chicken is so tender, and it is bursting with bright, Greek flavors. This is a quick & easy weeknight meal the family will love!
This Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki Recipe is next in my #SpringEats recipe series.
Hint: see the rest of the recipes in this series at the end of this post!
I made this Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki Recipe for dinner the other night and everyone loved them, even my 19-month old! The flavors are so bright and vibrant, which I think make these perfect for a spring dinner!
Cook’s Note – Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki Recipe:
- The chicken will need to brine for 30 minutes in this recipe before you start cooking. I like to use this time to prep all of my other ingredients and make my sides.
- I usually serve this meal with corn on the cob and cucumber slices with extra Tzatziki for dipping! Sometimes I even whip up these Greek-Inspired Cucumber Sliders! You can also serve chicken souvlaki with a delicious Greek Cucumber Salad!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large green bell pepper quartered, stemmed, seeded, each quarter cut into 4 chunks
- 1 small red onion ends trimmed, peeled, halved lengthwise, each half cut into 4 chunks
- 4 8-inch pita breads warmed
- ½ cup Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes de-seeded and diced
- Feta cheese freshly crumbled
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons salt in 1 quart cold water. Submerge chicken pieces in brine, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. While chicken is brining, Chop your veggies, and prepare the sauce by combining oil, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Transfer 1/4 cup sauce mixture to large bowl, and set aside to toss with cooked chicken.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Toss chicken with remaining sauce mixture. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through and lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onions and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until softened, 2-4 minutes.
- Lay a warmed pita on a 12-inch square of foil. Spread pita with about 2 tablespoons Tzatziki. Place one-quarter of chicken and vegetables in middle of each pita. Garnish with tomatoes and feta. Roll pita to look like a cylinder. Repeat with remaining pitas and serve immediately.
Check out other #SpringEats Recipes:
- Easy Carrot Cake Loaf
- Cobb Salad
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Carrot Cake Cookie Bar Recipe
- Lemon Cream Pie Float
- How to Make Cannoli Cream
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies with Toasted Coconut
- Bakery Style Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
- Toasted Coconut Macadamia Nut Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Cheese Blintzes
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe - August 16, 2019