The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Make these fantastic Air Fryer Potato Pancakes; they’re easy to make, and you only need a few simple ingredients.
It costs approximately $2.32 to make these Potato Pancakes. The recipe makes two servings for about $1.16 per serving.
Using the Air Fryer is an easy way to cook something healthy and delicious quickly. Some of my favorite Air Fryer recipes include these Air Fryer Eggplant Fries, Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters, and Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower.
While leftovers are delicious, sometimes they can get old after eating the same dish for a few days. That’s where these Air Fryer Potato Pancakes come in. They are the perfect way to use those leftover Mashed Potatoes in a new way.
These Air Fryer Mashed Potato Pancakes are crispy on the outside with tender and creamy centers. It is like eating loaded mashed potatoes but better.
I love how simple these Potato Pancakes are to make in the Air Fryer. Enjoy all the cheesy, crispy goodness in every bite!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.16
Recipe Cost: $2.32
- 2 cups Mashed Potatoes – $0.80
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – $1.11
- 2 green onions – $0.14
- 1 large egg – $0.23
- ½ cup all-purpose flour – $0.04
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How to make Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- First, add all of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir all of the ingredients together and mix ntil well combined.
- Use ¼ cup of the mixture to make the patties.
- Then, line the Air Fryer basket with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the patties in the basket and cook at 380 degrees F for eight minutes.
- Finally, serve hot with green onion and sour cream.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- This recipe calls for mashed potatoes. However, you can easily change things up by using mashed sweet potatoes or even mashed cauliflower.
Serving and Storage Tips
SERVE: Serve these with sour cream and green onions or chives. You can keep these out for no more than two hours before they need to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: You can keep the potato pancakes in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
FREEZE: After placing the potato pancakes in a Ziploc bag, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
THAW: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
REHEAT: Reheat in a 350˚F for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
It could be that they were not cooked long enough. Each Air Fryer works a little differently, so try adjusting the time.
If your potato pancakes fall apart, add a little more flour to help hold them together and keep their shape.
Top them with sour cream and green onions. And serve these as a side dish to most meats such as Oven-Baked Boneless Chicken Breasts, Grilled Steak Marsala, or Instant Pot Pork Chops. You can also serve vegetables such as Oven Roasted Broccoli and Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts alongside Potato Pancakes.
More Side Dishes
- Hominy Casserole
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Coconut Rice
- Rice Pilaf with Orzo
- Grape Salad
- Twice Baked Potato Recipe
- Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Buttery Smoked Corn on the Cob
- Easy Cornbread Casserole
- Brown Sugar and Honey Glazed Carrots
Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
FOR SERVING: (optional)
- Sour cream
- Green onion sliced
MAKE POTATO PANCAKE MIXTURE:
- In a medium bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Mix everything until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Take ¼ cup of the mixture and make patties.
- Line the Air Fryer basket with foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the patties in the Air Fryer and cook at 380˚F for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, flip the potato pancakes and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with green onion and sour cream if desired.
- For a perfect pancake, it takes a potato with a lot of starch and two. So the winning choices are yellow-fleshed potato varieties like Yukon Gold.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
I love potato pancakes more than any other potato dish out there! But for some bizarre reason, I never tried making them in an air-fryer! I am so happy to have found this recipe! They turned out better than usual – super nice and crispy!
Carrie Robinson says
I just love a good potato pancake! Never thought to make them in my air fryer before though. 🙂 Genius idea!
I don’t use my air fryer nearly as much as I should, but this recipe is too easy not to. I love the crispy potatoes and how quickly everything cooks up thanks to the air fryer.
Lima Ekram says
I cant wait to try it! I love potato pancakes!