THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
These Brookie Cupcakes are easy to make! Change up the sprinkles and frosting colors to match any season, holiday, party, school colors, sports team, etc!
When I think of fall and baked goods, I automatically think of bake sales! Good ol’ fashioned bake sales. I have a bake sale coming up at my daughter’s school, and I want to make something that I know will sell!
I did some research, and after a quick search, I found the top 3 fall bake sale items. They are brownies, cookies, and cupcakes. Then I had a light bulb moment; why not combine all three and make Brookie Cupcakes?!
Brookie Cupcake recipe ingredients:
- Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Vanilla Frosting
- Pillsbury Halloween Sugar Cookie Mix
- DOVE Dark Chocolates
- Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Brownie Mix
While a lot of the ingredients are holiday-specific, you can use any Funfetti frosting, sugar cookie mix, or brownie mix!
How to Make Brookie Cupcakes:
- Make the brownie batter, fill the muffin tins with batter, and bake until almost done!
- Lightly press a Dove Dark Chocolate pumpkin into each brownie.
- Make the sugar cookie batter and place 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter on top of each brownie; bake.
- Cool on a wire rack, and then add the frosting.
- Serve the Brookie Cupcakes!
- I highly recommend using a 3-tablespoon scoop and a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop in this recipe. It ensures the batter is distributed evenly.
- These Brookie Cupcakes are easy to customize! Change up the sprinkles and frosting colors to match the season, holiday, party, school colors, sports team, etc.!
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Cannoli Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream
- Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Butterfly Cupcakes
- Yellow Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 19.4 ounce box Pillsbury Funfetti Brownie Mix
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 18 Dove Dark Chocolates unwrapped
- 17.5 ounce box Pillsbury Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 15.6 ounce can Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting
PREP OVEN AND MUFFIN TIN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 iF you’re using a dark muffin tin). Grease muffin tin tins with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
MAKE BROWNIE LAYER:
- In a large bowl add brownie mix (reserving candy costed chips until later), oil, water, and eggs. Whisk everything together until smooth.
- Distribute batter evenly among 18 wells of muffin tins, this will be about 3 Tablespoons of batter in each well.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack.
MAKE COOKIE LAYER:
- While the brownie layer is baking, add the cookie mix, butter and egg to a medium bowl. Mix until combined and the dough comes together; set aside.
ASSEMBLE BROOKIE CUPCAKES AND BAKE:
- Once brownies come out of oven gently push a DOVE chocolate into center of each brownie. Sprinkle the reserved candy coated chips over each brownie (if using and if your brownie mix came with them).
- Distribute the cookie dough evenly over each brownie, this will be about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter.
- Use your fingers to gently flatten the cookie dough.
- Return the muffin tins to the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, or until cookie dough starts to turn golden brown.
- Cool the brookies in the muffin tins for about 5 minutes. Then remove from muffin tin onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 30-45 minutes.
- Once cooled, spread frosting over each brookie cupcake and serve!