The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Brookie Cupcakes are easy to make! Change up the sprinkles and frosting colors to match any season, holiday, party, school colors, sports team, etc!
When I think of fall and baked goods, I automatically think of bake sales! Good ol’ fashioned bake sales. I have a bake sale coming up at my daughter’s school, and I want to make something that I know will sell!
I did some research, and after a quick search, I found the top 3 fall bake sale items. They are brownies, cookies, and cupcakes. Then I had a light bulb moment; why not combine all three and make Brookie Cupcakes?!
Brookie Cupcake recipe ingredients:
- Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Vanilla Frosting
- Pillsbury Halloween Sugar Cookie Mix
- DOVE Dark Chocolates
- Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Brownie Mix
While a lot of the ingredients are holiday-specific, you can use any Funfetti frosting, sugar cookie mix, or brownie mix!
How to Make Brookie Cupcakes:
- Make the brownie batter, fill the muffin tins with batter, and bake until almost done!
- Lightly press a Dove Dark Chocolate pumpkin into each brownie.
- Make the sugar cookie batter and place 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter on top of each brownie; bake.
- Cool on a wire rack, and then add the frosting.
- Serve the Brookie Cupcakes!
- I highly recommend using a 3-tablespoon scoop and a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop in this recipe. It ensures the batter is distributed evenly.
- These Brookie Cupcakes are easy to customize! Change up the sprinkles and frosting colors to match the season, holiday, party, school colors, sports team, etc.!
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Cannoli Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream
- Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Butterfly Cupcakes
- Yellow Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 19.4 ounce box Pillsbury Funfetti Brownie Mix
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 18 Dove Dark Chocolates unwrapped
- 17.5 ounce box Pillsbury Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 15.6 ounce can Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting
PREP OVEN AND MUFFIN TIN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 iF you’re using a dark muffin tin). Grease muffin tin tins with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
MAKE BROWNIE LAYER:
- In a large bowl add brownie mix (reserving candy costed chips until later), oil, water, and eggs. Whisk everything together until smooth.
- Distribute batter evenly among 18 wells of muffin tins, this will be about 3 Tablespoons of batter in each well.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack.
MAKE COOKIE LAYER:
- While the brownie layer is baking, add the cookie mix, butter and egg to a medium bowl. Mix until combined and the dough comes together; set aside.
ASSEMBLE BROOKIE CUPCAKES AND BAKE:
- Once brownies come out of oven gently push a DOVE chocolate into center of each brownie. Sprinkle the reserved candy coated chips over each brownie (if using and if your brownie mix came with them).
- Distribute the cookie dough evenly over each brownie, this will be about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter.
- Use your fingers to gently flatten the cookie dough.
- Return the muffin tins to the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, or until cookie dough starts to turn golden brown.
- Cool the brookies in the muffin tins for about 5 minutes. Then remove from muffin tin onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 30-45 minutes.
- Once cooled, spread frosting over each brookie cupcake and serve!
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
In a Trendy Town says
We love Halloween and every year more and more, these cupcakes are perfect for a party with friends!
Melissa | Persnickety Plates says
I love everything about these! I just picked up a bag of Dove dark chocolates at Target last week but I didn’t see the pumpkins. And, I have a brookie recipe going up later this week =)
These look wonderful and delicious! I need to make them at home for my family and my nephews. They would love them. Great for fall and the cold weather coming up. Yum!
Kerry C says
When I first read the title, I had no idea what Brookie Cupcakes were. But after reading your post, it totally makes sense. And I would totally buy these at a bake sale!