Disclosure: This recipe for Brookie Cupcakes has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FallFlavors #CollectiveBias
When I think of fall and baked goods I automatically think of bake sales! Good ol’ fashioned bake sales. I have a bake sale coming up at my daughter’s school and I want to make something that I know will sell! I did some research and after a quick search I found the top 3 fall bake sale items. They are brownies, cookies, and cupcakes. Then I had a light bulb moment; why not combine all three and make Brookie Cupcakes?!
To make this recipe I headed to Target; specifically their seasonal baking and candy aisle. I look forward to shopping this aisle every season because they always have exclusive items like the DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkins that I used in this Brookie Cupcakes recipe!
At Target here I picked up all of my ingredients for this Brookie Cupcakes recipe including:
- DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkins (available exclusively at Target!)
- Pillsbury® Halloween Funfetti Vanilla Frosting
- Pillsbury® Halloween Sugar Cookie Mix
- Pillsbury® Halloween Funfetti Brownie Mix
How to Make Brookie Cupcakes:
- Make the brownie batter, fill the muffin tins with batter, and bake until almost done!
- Lightly press a Dove Dark Chocolate pumpkin into each brownie.
- Make the sugar cookie batter and place 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter on top of each brownie; bake.
- Cool on a wire rack, and then add the frosting.
- Serve the Brookie Cupcakes!
Cook’s Note – Brookie Cupcakes
- I highly recommend using a 3-tablespoon scoop and a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop in this recipe. It ensures the batter is distributed evenly.
- These Brookie Cupcakes are easy to customize! Change up the sprinkles and frosting colors to match the season, holiday, party, school colors, sports team, etc!
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 19.4 ounce box Pillsbury® Halloween Funfetti Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 18 DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkins unwrapped
- COOKIE LAYER:
- 17.5 ounce box Pillsbury® Halloween Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- TO FINISH:
- 15.6 ounce can Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Frosting
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 is you’re using a dark muffin tin like I did). Grease muffin tin tins with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
- BROWNIE LAYER: In a large bowl add brownie mix (reserving candy costed chips until later), oil, water, and eggs. Whisk everything together until smooth. Distribute batter evenly among 18 wells of muffin tins (I added a level, 3-tablespoon scoop of batter to each well and I had exactly the right amount of batter). Bake for 16 minutes on the middle rack.
- COOKIE LAYER: While the brownie layer is baking, add the cookie mix, butter and egg to a medium bowl. Mix until combined and the dough comes together; set aside.
- BROOKIE ASSEMBLY: Once brownies come out of oven gently push DOVE chocolate pumpkin into center of each brownie. Sprinkle reserved candy coated chips over each brownie. Distribute cookie dough evenly over each brownie (I added a level, 1 1/2-tablespoon scoop of batter to each and I had exactly the right amount of batter). Use your fingers to gently flatten cookie dough. Return muffin tins to oven and bake 20 minutes, or until cookie dough starts to turn golden drown. Cool the brookies in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes. Then remove from muffin tin onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 30-45 minutes.
- TO FINISH: Once cooled, spread frosting over each brookie cupcake and serve!
I love this fun, fall Brookie Cupcakes recipe I cooked up. Remember to get your Cartwheel before heading to Target!
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie - October 18, 2019
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies– Better than Lofthouse! - October 16, 2019
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew - October 12, 2019