Cook’s Note – Green Chile Cheesy Potato Casserole:
- You can make this cheesy potato casserole ahead of time. Follow the recipe up to step 3, then cover it with foil and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake it. You will need to increase the cooking time by 15-25 minutes, and then proceed with the remaining recipe instructions.
- This cheesy potato casserole can also be frozen. Simply prepare the recipe up to step 3, then cover it with foil and freeze. You will need to defrost the casserole before baking it, and add about 15 minutes to the cooking time. Then proceed with the remaining recipe instructions.
Green Chile Cheesy Potato Casserole
- 28 oz package frozen hash brown potatoes O'Brien shredded or diced, defrosted
- ½ cup butter melted
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 4 oz cans chopped green chiles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green onion
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl mix together all ingredients until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until golden brown and bubbly around edges. Cool 5 minutes, then garnish with a couple light shakes of paprika, and sliced green onion. Serve.
- Defrost potatoes, melt butter, and mix together all ingredients.
More Green Chile Recipes: