One pot recipes are so popular now and I can see why. They’re quick & easy, you can customize them to your personal taste, and they’re SO delicious! Today I’m sharing my One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken.
This One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken is one of my favorites. The flavors just scream spring, and it’s so easy to make. My family devours it every time I make it, and they ask for it often!
Cook’s Note – One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken
- You’ll need a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00DE1CCBW” locale=”US” tag=”foofoland-20″]deep skillet with a lid[/easyazon_link]for this recipe. It needs to hold at least 5 quarts.
- If you don’t have a deep skillet with a lid, a pasta pot with a lid will work. Just note you may need to cook to pasta longer in you pasta/stock pot because the cooking surface isn’t as wide.
- I suggest you buy a block of feta and crumble it yourself. Crumbled feta from the store is a little dry.
One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup red onion minced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 pound dry pasta I used fusilli pasta
- 3 – 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz feta cheese crumbled (plus more for garnish)
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cup fresh spinach leaves
- I lemon zested and juiced
- Basil shredded (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet (at least 5 quarts) over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned on all sides; about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, red onion, olives, and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta and chicken stock, making sure there is enough stock to just cover the pasta. (If not, add a bit more chicken stock.) Stir in the dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low boil, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until pasta is al dente, about 15-18 minutes, stirring often.
- Uncover and reduce heat to low. Add the heavy cream, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix well and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil, feta, and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post for One Pot Greek Pasta Recipe with Lemon & Chicken includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter! See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.