The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Greek Pasta recipe is packed with flavor and tastes like it took all day to make! It has the most delectable lemon cream sauce that ties everything together.
This recipe costs $20.39 to make eight servings. It costs about $2.55 per serving.
We can all use more one-pot meals in our lives. I love making my One-Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls, One-Pot Cajun Pasta, and my Instant Pot Velveeta Mac and Cheese when I am in need of some delicious one-pot recipes!
One-pot recipes are so popular now, and I can see why. They’re quick and easy, you can customize them to your taste, and they’re so delicious!
This Greek Pasta recipe made in one pot is one of my favorites. The flavors scream spring, and it’s so easy to make. My family devours it every time I make it, and they ask for it often!
This dish is pasta loaded with veggies and chicken that is then tossed in a creamy lemon sauce. It is a hearty dish that is flexible enough to be served as a weeknight dinner or the perfect side dish at any potluck.
I even like to make it over the weekend to meal prep some lunches for throughout the week.
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $2.55
Recipe Cost: $20.39
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – $0.16
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts – $2.21
- 4 cloves garlic – $0.20
- 1 cup red onion – $0.96
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives – $2.00
- 1 pound dry pasta – $0.82
- 3 – 3 ½ cups chicken stock – $4.23
- ½ teaspoon dried basil – $0.05
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano – $0.05
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes – $0.01
- ½ cup heavy cream – $0.46
- 8 oz feta cheese – $5.97
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes – $2.48
- 1 ½ cup spinach leaves – $0.31
- 1 lemon – $0.48
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make Greek Pasta
- First, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Next, season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper and cook them for about five minutes.
- Add the garlic, red onion, and olives, and cook for another minute.
- Add the pasta and chicken stock. Then stir in the dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, bring the mixture to a low boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Uncover and reduce the heat to low. Then mix in the heavy cream, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Simmer for five minutes.
- Finally, garnish with basil, feta, and serve immediately.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- You can leave the chicken out or use something differnt like ground Italian sausage.
- Instead of sliced cherry tomatoes you can use about 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- To save on calories, you can use half-and-half instead of cream.
- If you don’t have a deep skillet with a lid, a pasta pot with a lid will work.
Storage and Serving Tips
SERVE: You can keep the pasta out for about two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Place the slightly cooled pasta in an airtight container and store for 2-3 days.
FREEZE: This pasta does not freeze and defrost well, so I do not recommend freezing it.
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
More Chicken Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs
- Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Classic Chicken Parmesan
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Pad See Ew Noodles
- Cranberry Chicken Salad with Pecans
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gyro Bowls
- Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup red onion minced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 pound dry pasta I used fusilli pasta
- 3-3 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- fresh basil chopped
- crumbled feta cheese
COOK CHICKEN AND VEGGIES:
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet (at least 5 quarts) over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper. Cook, frequently stirring, until lightly browned on all sides; about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, red onion, and olives, and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta and chicken stock, making sure there is enough stock to just cover the pasta. (If not, add a bit more chicken stock.)
- Stir in the dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a low boil, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook until pasta is al dente, about 15-18 minutes, stirring often.
- Uncover and reduce heat to low.
- Add the heavy cream, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and feta, and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Mai Tran says
Looks so yummy! This dish reminds me that I’ve not eaten pasta in a long time.
this dish looks really dish yummy yum yum
Thank you, enjoy!
thank you for posting such delicious dishes, Jillian.
You’re welcome. Enjoy!
bristol plasterers says
This sounds really nice. Always looking for new recipes to try. Thanks for sharing.
You’re welcome. Thanks for stopping by!
Priya Lakshminarayan says
Love that this is a one-pot pasta recipe! Love anything pasta! This looks very yummy!
Anything one pot is my recipe to go and this one was so easy to put together. My whole family loved it, and we will continue making this delicious Greek pasta with chicken.
This was so good so much flavor and I love one pot meals.
We love one pot meals, and anything with Greek flavors is a winner around here, so you’ve got us coming and going!
Sisley White - Sew White says
This is such a fresh and delicious pasta. Great for dinner and I love leaving some for leftovers for lunch the next day.
Tayler Ross says
One pot meals are my favorite! I loved everything about this pasta from the Greek flavor to the simplicity!
This is so good! Creamy and full of those greek flavors I love! Will definitely make again.
Sara Welch says
I love all the flavors and textures in this dish; my kind of comfort food, indeed! Easily, a new favorite recipe!
Dana Sandonato says
This is such a great recipe. I love a good one-pot pasta, and you absolutely cannot go wrong with Greek flavors. The whole fam devoured it!