This Hot Pimento Cheese Dip recipe takes classic pimento cheese and turns it into a hot dip with Tex-Mex flavors. Basically, it’s your new favorite cheesy dip to serve at holidays, parties, and game day!
For more Game Day Dip Ideas, I have collected the best of the best recipes here for you!
Alright, folks, this dip has shortly become my new favorite go-to dip for parties and get-togethers. It’s a new take on the classic southern Pimento Cheese Dip, but this one is baked, served warm, and has a bit of a Tex-Mex theme going on with the jalapeno and cilantro. Have I piqued your interest yet? 🙂
If I had to describe this dip in one word it would definitely be addicting. It’s SO good, with one bite you become powerless to its cheesy goodness. I made this for a Christmas Eve party and the dip was a hit and devoured in no time. It’s the type of dip everyone stands around and eats to its completion, plates and napkins need not apply here. I’ll be making this again for a New Year’s Eve party, and the football playoffs, the Super Bowl, the Olympics…get the idea? 🙂
If you love Pimento Cheese, then check out my classic, Homemade Pimento Cheese recipe!
Cook’s Note – Hot Pimento Cheese Dip:
- Please DO NOT use pre-shredded and packaged cheese. This type of cheese is coated with cornstarch or flour and will not yield the best texture when it’s baked.
- You can prepare the dip ahead all the way up to baking it. Just cover and stick the unbaked mixture in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it. Just be prepared to add 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
- If you cannot find jarred pimientos, then you can use jarred roasted bell peppers. Just drain them and dice enough to fill a 1/3 cup measuring cup.
ONE YEAR AGO: Candy Corn Cookies
TWO YEARS AGO: Healthier Chicken Cacciatore
THREE YEARS AGO: Sloppy Janes
Hot Pimento Cheese Dip - Tex-Mex Style
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 4-oz jars diced pimientos, drained (see picture and note above)
- 2 large jalapeno pepper ribbed, seeded and minced
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese shredded
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- For Serving:
- tortilla chips
- sliced & toasted baguette
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until combined and no cream cheese lumps remain. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and smooth into an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling.
- Let the dip sit for 5 minutes to cool, garnish with cilantro and serve warm with tortilla chips and/or a sliced & toasted baguette.
Makes about 5 cups of dip.
More Game Day Recipes on Food, Folks, and Fun:
- Chicken & Waffle Sliders
- Taco Salad Mini Bites
- Pizza Bites
- 7 Layer Greek Dip
- Honey-Lime Chipotle Salsa
- Brussels Sprouts Flatbread with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- Make Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese
- Spinach Artichoke Dip