Grill something different with these Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers! They’re loaded with roasted red bell peppers, pepper rings, and fresh basil.
Disclosure: This recipe for Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers is sponsored by the National Pork Board. I received compensation but as always all opinions are my own!
It’s grilling season! One of the best season in my opinion. Father’s Day is right around the corner, and it’s the perfect excuse (as if you needed one) to fire up the grill! Today I’m sharing this mouth-watering recipe for Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers that all dads out there will LOVE! This recipe is inspired by one of my dad’s favorite dishes, Italian sausage & peppers. These burgers have all the tasty flavor of sausage and peppers but in burger form!
Whether you’re celebrating Dad’s Day by grilling up tasty pork burgers and ribs this June or hosting a backyard BBQ to kick-off the first day of summer, pork has you covered – no matter what grilling holiday is marked on your calendar. With so many cuts and preparation methods to try and endless flavor combinations to explore, pork is the must-have this grilling season.
These Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers are extremely easy to make, and all you need are just a few ingredients and about 20 minutes! Wanna hear the best part? You can get everything at Walmart – the ultimate source for grilling season! Let me show you how:
How to Make: Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers
- Form the pork into patties and grill.
- Place on a bun and top with cheese, roasted bell peppers, pepper rings, and basil.
- Top with the other half of the bun and scarf!
Cook’s Note – Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers
- If you don’t like spicy food, feel free to use milk Italian sausage instead of the hot.
- These burgers are best when served right away, but they will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Loaded Italian Sausage Burgers
- 1 lb. ground Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. ground Johnsonville Sweet or Mild Italian Sausage
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Jarred roasted red bell peppers
- Pepper rings
- Fresh basil leaves
- 4 Kaiser rolls sliced in half and toasted
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F).
- While the grill preheats, in a large bowl add the ground hot and sweet Italian sausage. Roll up your sleeves and use your hands to combine.
- Form the meat into 4 balls, and lightly press each into 5-inch-wide, 1 1/4 –inch-thick patties. In the middle of each burger use your knuckle or thumb to make a 2-inch indentation (this will keep the burgers from puffing when grilled).
- Place the patties on the preheated grill. Leave them undisturbed until grill marks form on the bottom, about 5-6 minutes. Flip the burgers and grill until the burgers feel firm and the other side is <g class="gr_ gr_86 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="86" data-gr-id="86">marked,</g> about 4-6 minutes. Remove the burgers from the grill and top each with a slice of Provolone cheese.
- Move the burgers to the toasted Kaiser rolls and top with roasted bell peppers, pepper rings, and basil leaves.
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe - August 16, 2019