My mise en place. Don’t the heirloom tomatoes look divine?!?
- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
- 11-14 ounces of cherry, grape, or small heirloom tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of fresh marjoram and basil, leaves picked (you can leave out the marjoram if you’d like)
- 4 T of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I like to use a vegetable peeler to make beautiful shards of Parmesan)
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking halve the tomatoes, put them in a bowl and add the herbs, olive oil, garlic and vinegar.
- Season the tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper, then squeeze the tomatoes until they are slightly mashed.
- Drain the pasta, and while it’s still steaming, mix in the tomato mixture.
- Top with parmesan cheese.