Peaches, Peaches, Peaches!
Peaches are in season and I am loving it! Every week I come home with 5-7 pounds of peaches from my local farmers market and they are all devoured or used in recipes by the end of the week. My family has been enjoying them in various ways and I have 2 other peach recipes for you this week, so stay tuned!
I love fresh, homemade lemonade in the summer. Now peach lemonade in the summer is just pure bliss–it’s cool, refreshing and made with my favorite in-season fruit! I also like making a frozen beverage out of this lemonade by mixing ice and peach lemonade in a blender until smooth and slushy. Enjoy!
- 3 medium peaches, ripe but still firm
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6½ Cups water
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the peaches, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and sugar. Let the mixture sit until the peaches soften slightly and a luscious syrupy liquid accumulates. This should take about an hour.
- Heat softened peaches and their liquid, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until peaches are tender and flesh has broken down, 3 to 4 minutes. Use a potato masher or hand-held blended to break apart any big pieces. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate until cold, about an hour.
- Pour chilled peach mixture into a 2-quart pitcher. Add the lemon juice and water and stir until combined. Chill an hour. Stir thoroughly before serving as the peach mixture tends to settle at the bottom.
Love peaches, how about some homemade Peach Ice Cream? 🙂
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts, A Glimpse Inside