Today as part of my Everything but the Turkey series I’m sharing my twist on classic stuffing, Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing Recipe.
Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing Recipe
Stuffing is one of my favorite side dishes on Thanksgiving. Especially when it has golden, crispy edges. Those edges are like icing on the cake, and what helps crisp the edges is I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® I recently picked up a tub of the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and found out that it is made from real, simple ingredients like plant-based oils, purified water and a pinch of salt. The new spread comes in Original, Light, and Olive Oil varieties, and it has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter.
Cook’s Note for Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing Recipe:
- I like my stuffing to have big chunks of bread, pretty much panzanella style. If you want your stuffing bread chunks smaller, go ahead and cut them smaller.
- Feel free to swap out the macadamia nuts for your favorite nut.
To make the Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing Recipe ahead of time:
- Prepare the recipe up to step 5. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, increase the cooking time by 5 minutes to account for the chill.
- 1 12 ounce package Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped (about ½ of a large onion)
- ¼ cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®
- ½ teaspoon crushed, dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan, or any other 3-quart pan, with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®. Set aside.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces (cut into more pieces if you'd like smaller bread pieces). Place the bread into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until slightly browned on the edges and tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the celery & onions mixture over the bread. Add the dried thyme, pepper, parsley, macadamia nuts, cranberries, and broth. Stir the mixture until combined, and the broth is absorbed.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is toasted. Serve.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
See Other Everything but the Turkey Posts:
Brussels Sprouts Flatbread with Prosciutto & Goat Cheese. A fabulous and easy Thanksgiving appetizer.
Tips for Creating the Perfect Spread. I’ll show you how to make a delicious spread of fine imported cheeses served with fruit, nuts, bread and crackers for Thanksgiving.
A crunchy, savory snack to serve with your other appetizers and hors d’evours.
A scrumptious little appetizer that’s quick and easy to make.
These tips will get an amazing Thanksgiving rolling at your house!
These printables will get you super organized for Thanksgiving!
I’m linking up this post for Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing Recipe at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts