This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods, LLC. All opinions are 100% mine.
Outdoor entertaining season is upon us! This means warmer weather, longer days, and potlucks! Today I’m sharing my new favorite side dish for potlucks, Bacon Avocado Potato Salad.
Whether I’m headed to a potluck or entertaining outdoors at home, I always got for recipes that are quick, easy, affordable to make, and tasty! That’s where Hormel Foods BLACK LABEL® Bacon comes in. I love using quality, affordable ingredients like BLACK LABEL® Bacon that packs a lot of flavor. This product line includes original bacon, fully cooked bacon, thick cut bacon, and Canadian bacon. In this recipe for Bacon Avocado Potato Salad I used their original bacon.
Here’s all of the ingredients you’ll need for this Bacon Avocado Potato Salad Recipe:
Cook’s Note – Bacon Avocado Potato Salad:
- Keep a close watch on the potatoes when you’re cooking them. You don’t want to overcook them and end up with a mushy potato salad!
- The potato salad will keep, chilled and covered, for up to 3 days.
- I like to slice the bacon before cooking so I get those lovely, golden edges on each piece. Heavenly.
Bacon Avocado Potato Salad
- 5 large red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 ounces (or half a package) Hormel BLACK LABEL® Original Bacon
- 2 large Hass avocados, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- Boil potatoes until fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool while you cut the bacon.
- Slice bacon into ½-inch strips and cook in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve a few pieces of bacon for garnish.
- In a large bowl mash the avocados until mostly smooth with just a few lumps. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, and red onion. Mix until combined.
- Add the hard-boiled eggs, potatoes, and bacon to the bowl. Toss until coated. Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with reserved bacon.