If you love hot, cheesy potato pierogies then you’ll love this Cheesy Pierogi Lasagna recipe with bacon and chives! It’s everything you love in a pierogi but in the perfect potluck-friendly casserole.
My family L-O-V-E-S fresh, homemade pierogies, but let’s face it they’re a bit labor intensive. That’s why I came up with this Cheesy Pierogi Lasagna recipe! The lasagna noodles provide similar taste and texture to pierogies, plus they’re a lot less work! This pierogi lasagna is SO much easier to make than potato pierogies! It’s also a great dish to bring to potlucks!
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES:
- Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Casserole
- Quinoa Taco Casserole
- Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Keto Pizza Casserole
- King Ranch Casserole
For this pierogi casserole with lasagna noodles, I added all of my family’s favorite cheese pierogi ingredients plus some crispy bacon. But let’s face it; everything is better with bacon! If you’re a pierogi purest, simply leave the bacon out.
Cook’s Note – Cheesy Pierogi Lasagna:
- This recipe can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time when you’re baking a chilled casserole.
- Since this pierogi lasagna is very rich I like to serve it with a nice leafy green salad or steamed vegetables.
- Use a high-quality sharp cheddar cheese (I like Tillamook or Kerrygold) in this recipe. You can use orange or white cheddar, just make sure that it is freshly shredded cheese instead of pre-shredded packaged cheese.
- If you’re feeling super decadent, you can serve this lasagna with a dollop of sour cream.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
ONE YEAR AGO: Loaded Broccoli Cheese Fries
TWO YEARS AGO: Lime, Chipotle, and Parmesan Popcorn
THREE YEARS AGO: Pumpkin Spiced Bagels with Maple Walnut Cream Cheese
Cheesy Pierogi Lasagna with Bacon and Chives
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces bacon about 8 slices, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives plus more for garnish
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese about 8 ounces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 9 by 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. Boil and drain noodles as per package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet over medium-high heat cook bacon until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate, and drain off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Reduce heat to medium, and add onions and sauté until translucent and edges begin to brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add mashed potatoes, cream cheese, chives, onions, half of the cooked bacon, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir until well combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Lay 3 cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom of prepared 9x13 pan followed by 1/3 potato mixture, and 1/3 cup shredded cheese. Repeat 2 more times finishing with shredded cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove foil, top with remaining bacon, and bake 5 more minutes. Remove pan from oven, cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve. Garnish with additional chives.
PIN THIS PIEROGI CASSEROLE WITH LASAGNA NOODLES: