The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Reese’s Rice Krispie Treats are loaded with peanut butter cups and Reese’s pieces. Chocolate and peanut butter lovers will go crazy for this dessert!
Classic Rice Krispies Treats are delicious and sometimes nothing beats them. On occasion, I need something more (Like my Birthday Rice Krispie Treats). Do you know what I mean? Sometimes I just need a little peanut butter and chocolate goodness! That’s why I had to make these Reese’s Rice Krispie Treats!
Combining classic Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with the traditional Rice Krispie Treat is probably the best decision I made all week!
Here’s what a reader, Kim, said about this recipe:
These treats are just full of surprise with that gooey yummy center. Yum.
How to make REESE’S Rice Krispie Treats:
- First, melt the butter and peanut butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Then, add the Rice Krispies. Stir until combined and the cereal is well coated.
- Next, add half of the Rice Krispie mixture to a greased 9″x13″ pan. Layer with 24 REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, and then top with the remaining Rice Krispie mixture.
- Finally, spread the melted chocolate over the treats, and top with REESE’S PIECES. Let sit for an hour, then cut into bars, and serve!
What can you use instead of marshmallows for Rice Krispie Treats?
Marshmallows are the best option in my opinion for this recipe. However, if you really need a substitute you can use 2-3 jars of marshmallow creme.
Do you refrigerate Rice Krispie Treats?
There is no need to refrigerate your Rice Krispies Treats. Just store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Although they never last that long in my house!
More Peanut Butter Treats:
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
- Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies
- Loaded REESE’S Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cups Cheesecake Dip
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Buckeye Brownies
- Epic Buckeye Brownie Cheesecake Cake
How much will this recipe cost?
RECIPE COST: $14.10
PER SERVING COST: $0.59
NOTE: The recipe prices are used calculating name brand products from Walmart’s website. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what your pantry is already stocked with and current grocery prices.
- 8 Tablespoons butter divided – $0.80
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – $0.71
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows or 10 cups – $2.27
- 10 cups Rice Krispie cereal – $2.88
- 24 REESE’S Miniature Peanut Butter Cups – $1.49
- 1 11.5- ounce package milk chocolate chips – $2.97
- 1 1/2 cups REESE’S PIECES – $2.98
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- 9×13-inch pan
- large pot
- rubber scraper
- mixing bowl
Reese’s Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 Tablespoons butter divided
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows or 10 cups
- 10 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 24 REESE'S Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- 11.5 ounce package milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups REESE’S PIECES
- Lightly spray a 9″x13″ pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat melt 5 tablespoons of butter and the peanut butter. Stir constantly until melted. Increase the heat to medium, and add the mini marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted.
- Turn the heat off and add the Rice Krispies. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan, and spread into an even layer. Place the REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups on top, and layer with the remaining Rice Krispie mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of butter to a small bowl. Melt in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted.
- Spread the chocolate over the treats, and sprinkle with REESE'S PIECES.
- Let the chocolate set and the treat cool, about 1 hour. Slice and serve!
This Reese’s Rice Krispie Treats recipe first appeared on Food Folks and Fun on March 23, 2015. I have since updated the pictures and an original is below.