Pumpkin Delight is a layered fall dessert that is easy to make and calls for just eight ingredients! It has four distinct layers: graham cracker, cream cheese, pumpkin pudding, and whipped cream.
You can enjoy this dessert for less than $10. It costs $9.29 to make fifteen servings. That is only $0.62 per slice!
Layered desserts are a favorite dessert of mine to make. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time. For more layered dessert recipes, try my Lemon Lush, Strawberry Lasagna, and Samoa Dessert Lasagna.
Pumpkin season is the best season, in my opinion. But honestly, I will eat pumpkin desserts any time of the year! Especially this Pumpkin Delight!
This layered pumpkin dessert has a crunchy graham cracker crust with layers of creamy pumpkin pudding, cream cheese and is topped with a Cool Whip layer. It is light, airy, and perfectly pumpkin spiced.
I love making this for Thanksgiving to give an alternative to pie but still get that great pumpkin taste. You can even make this a day ahead to save yourself some time the next day.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.62
Recipe Cost: $9.29
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs – $0.99
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter – $0.60
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar – $0.22
- 2 (3.4 ounces) boxes instant pumpkin pie spice instant pudding – $1.96
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $1.96
- 3 ¼ cups whole milk – $0.39
- 3 (8 ounce) tubs Cool Whip – $2.46
- ¼ cup pecan pieces – $0.71
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, grease a 9×13-inch pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, make the graham cracker crust and press it into the baking dish and bake it.
- While the crust is cooling, make the cream cheese layer. Then spread it over the graham cracker crust.
- Next, make the pumpkin pudding layer and spread it over the cream cheese layer.
- Lastly, spread the cool whip over the pudding layer and sprinkle pecan pieces over the top.
- Finally, chill for 8 hours before slicing and serving.
- Ginger snaps, shortbread cookies, or Oreos can be used in place of graham crackers using the same measurements.
- Instead of toasted pecan pieces you can use toffee pieces or even chopped Skor candy bars.
- This is a very soft dessert. If you want it to be firm, place it in the freezer for one hour before slicing.
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this dessert out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: This can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: Cover the dish tightly and keep it in the freezer for up to one month.
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- Mixing bowls
- Food processor
- Stand mixer
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups
- Rubber scraper
A layered dessert is any dessert that has multiple levels of various ingredients. A trifle is an excellent example of a layered dessert. This recipe for Pumpkin Delight is a layered dessert as it has layers of crust, pumpkin pudding, cream cheese, and whipped cream topping all evenly spread in the baking dish.
More Fall Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Fall Leaf Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Semi-Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Apple Dump Cake
- Sweet and Salt Candy Corn Cookies
- Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- 1½ cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes pumpkin pie spice instant pudding
- 3¼ cups whole milk
- 3 8 ounce tubs Cool Whip thawed and divided
- ¼ cup pecan pieces toasted
PREP PAN AND OVEN:
- Grease a 9×13 pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- Whisk together graham crackers, melted butter, and ⅓ cup granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Gently press the graham cracker crumble evenly into the prepared baking dish and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before continuing to the next step.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ⅓ cup of sugar and mix until combined.
- Fold one package of thawed cool whip into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the graham cracker crust.
MAKE PUMPKIN PUDDING LAYER:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pudding packages and milk, following the pudding box instructions.
- Add the pudding over the cream cheese layer and carefully smooth it into an even layer.
COOL WHIP LAYER:
- Layer the remaining 2 packages of cool whip over the top of the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the toasted pecan pieces over top.
CHILL, SLICE, AND SERVE:
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight before slicing and serving.