Apple Dump Cake is an easy and irresistible Fall dessert that’s made with just 4 ingredients: apple pie filling, cake mix, pecans, and butter!
Early Fall I crave apple desserts—any and all kinds! This Apple Pie Filling Dump Cake has got to be the easiest apple dessert recipe on my site! My kids love helping me make it, and it’s one of those recipes that build their kitchen confidence!
More apple recipes I’m whipping up this Fall:
Apple Dump Cake recipe questions answered!
How do you make an apple dump cake?
- First, pour the pie filling into a 9 x 13-inch pyrex pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Then, sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pie filling.
- Next, space out the butter pieces evenly over the cake mix.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top. Bake until golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 35-40 minutes.
What is a dump cake?
A dump cake is one of the simplest desserts you can make. They’re usually made with a base of canned pie filling, a layer of dry cake mix, and pads of butter on top. There is no stirring involved with dump cakes, and true to their name, you just dump the ingredients into the pan and that’s it!
Cook’s Note – Apple Dump Cake:
- Leftovers and be covered with foil and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This dump cake is best served warm. To reheat, place the apple dump cake in a 325 degree F oven until heated through, about 20-25 minutes.
- This is best served with vanilla ice cream.
Disclosure: This post for Apple Dump Cake recipe includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients – Apple Pie Filling Dump Cake:
ONE YEAR AGO: Homemade Apple Pie Spice
TWO YEARS AGO: White Cake
THREE YEARS AGO: Mom’s Pumpkin Bread
Apple Dump Cake Recipe Video:
Apple Pie Filling Dump Cake
- 2 21 ounce cans apple pie filling
- 1 16.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 12 Tablespoons salted butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the pie filling into a 9 x 13-inch pyrex pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pie filling.
- Space out the butter pieces evenly over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top. Bake until golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, and then serve with vanilla ice cream (optional).