The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Whether you serve this Rocky Road Pie chilled or frozen, it’s a delicious treat filled with luscious chocolate pudding, marshmallows, and toasted almonds.
It costs around $8.58 to make this Rocky Road Pie. The cost per serving is about $1.07, and the recipe makes eight servings.
No-bake desserts are fabulous, especially during the summertime! Some of my favorite no-bake recipes include these No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, No-Bake Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake, and this Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
Rocky Road is a classic ice cream flavor favorite for many folks. What’s not to love? The combination of chocolate, nuts, and marshmallows is hard to resist. The only thing that can improve it is a no-bake pie that can be served chilled or frozen!
It is like Rocky Road ice cream flavors in a graham cracker crust. This Rocky Road Pie recipe creates a creamy chocolate filling mixed with mini marshmallows and almonds. This is poured over the crust and then topped with whipped cream and more marshmallows and almonds.
The hardest part will be waiting three hours for the pie to chill. However, I like to sacrifice and wait a little longer by putting the pie in the freezer because Rocky Road Pie is delicious when frozen!
Ingredients and Estimated Cost
Per Serving Cost: $1.07
Recipe Cost: $8.58
- 3.9 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix – $0.98
- 2 cups milk – $0.32
- 1 cup mini marshmallows – $0.22
- ½ cup almonds – $1.25
- 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust – $2.32
- 1 ½ cups cold heavy whipping cream – $1.76
- 1 ½ cups marshmallow fluff or cream – $1.41
- 2 Tablespoons almonds – $0.14
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate sauce – $0.18
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
How To Make This Pudding Pie
- First, beat the whipping cream in a stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Mix in the marshmallow fluff and set aside after stiff peaks form.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and chocolate pudding mix.
- Next, fold in one cup of marshmallow whipped cream.
- Then, fold in the mini marshmallows and almonds.
- To finish, pour the filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the pie. Chill for at least three hours.
- Top with garnishes, slice, and serve!
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- I used a pre-made graham cracker crust from the grocery store. You can use a homemade one, too. Just make sure you make it in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Instead of almonds, you can use pecans or walnuts.
- Instead of freshly whipped cream, you can use 3 cups of Cool Whip. Just note you will have a REALLY sweet pie if you use Cool Whip.
Serving and Storage Tips
SERVE: You can serve this Rocky Road Pudding Pie chilled or frozen. I like it personally frozen.
STORE: This pie will keep chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
Marshmallows! I use marshmallow fluff and chocolate pudding as the base of this pie. I then add in mini marshmallows and save some for the garnish as well. The marshmallows are what Rocky Road is all about!
Rocky Road is known for three primary flavors: chocolate, peanuts, and marshmallows. It is a big yes for me on all of those things! The addition of these simple ingredients takes plain chocolate to the next level.
More Frozen Treats
- Toasted Coconut Ice Cream – No Churn Recipe
- Funfetti Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Cups
- Easy Lemon Sherbet
- Copycat Dole Whip – Dairy Free
- Peach Crisp Frappe Recipe
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Raspberry Sorbet
Rocky Road Pudding Pie
- 3.9 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk any type but skim
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup almonds toasted and chopped
- 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
Marshmallow Whipped Cream:
- 1 ½ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup marshmallow fluff or marshmallow creme
- 2 Tablespoons almonds toasted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate sauce
MAKE MARSHMALLOW WHIPPED CREAM:
- Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the Marshmallow Fluff or Marshmallow Creme and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
MAKE PIE FILLING:
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate pudding mix and milk. Whisk briskly for 2 minutes. The mixture should be very thick.
- Fold in 1 cup of the marshmallow whipped cream to the pudding mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows and almonds.
- Pour the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust.
ASSEMBLE AND CHILL PIE:
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the pie, cover, and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Top with garnishes, slice, and serve!
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
This is so hard to resist!! I love how easy it is to make, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a decadent dessert that is perfect for a hot summer day! You took all the flavors of rocky road ice cream and made them in pie form. Love!