The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer recipe is easy to make and always a hit at parties! You can even serve this veggie pizza recipe for dinner!
It costs about $7.52 to make this pizza. The recipe serves twenty-four as an appetizer and costs just $0.31 per serving.
I am known to serve this Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza recipe for dinner with a bowl of corn chowder, tomato soup, onion soup, or veggie soup.
This Simple Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer is one of my favorite recipes to bring to potlucks or parties. It makes 24 servings, and they are SO flavorful!
The flavors of this veggie pizza appetizer jump out on any buffet table. I love the way the fresh dill and chives cut through the cream cheese mixture.
The herbs heighten the bright flavors of the veggies.
This is an easy meal to get on the dinner table during the week or served as an appetizer at any party. It is packed full of flavor and topped with fresh veggies. It is a great way to get your veggies in!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.31
Recipe Cost: $7.52
- 1 -8 ounce can Crescent Rolls – $2.08
- 4-ounce cream cheese – $0.13
- ½ cup sour cream – $0.72
- 2 Tablespoons chives – $0.15
- 2 Tablespoons dill – $0.64
- 1 cup broccoli florets – $0.78
- ½ cup carrots – $0.14
- ¼ cup red bell pepper $1.38
- ¼ yellow bell pepper – $1.38
- 2 Tablespoons red onion – $0.12
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- Roll dough out onto a lined baking sheet. Pinch the seams together.
- Bake until golden brown, cool, and transfer to a large cutting board.
- Spread with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with the vegetables and press vegetables down lightly into the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice into 24 pieces and serve!
***Check out the recipe video in the recipe card below!
Crescent Roll Pizza Recipe Variations
- The veggies listed in the recipe below are my personal preference. You can use whatever veggies you’d like. Just use 2 cups worth of veggies as a guide. Other veggie ideas: sliced cherry tomatoes, snap peas, chopped artichoke hearts, cauliflower, sliced radishes, and even olives!
- To make this recipe ahead of time, I suggest baking the crust, making the cream cheese mixture, and chopping all the veggies and storing each separately until you’re ready to assemble and serve.
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: An assembled pizza will keep covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 hours. Any longer and the crust will start to get soggy.
FREEZE: This pizza does not freeze and defrost well. Therefore, I do not suggest freezing it.
MAKE AHEAD: An assembled crescent roll veggie pizza will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 hours. Any longer and the crust will start to get soggy.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chile Con Queso
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Charcuterie Board Basics
- Bang Bang Shrimp
Simple Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer
- 8 ounce can Crescent Rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
PREP OVEN AND BAKING SHEET:
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
ROLL OUT AND BAKE CRUST:
- Roll out Crescent Rolls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Pinch seams together to create a rectangular piece of dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Move the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely, about 40 minutes. Once cool, move the crust to a large cutting board.
FINISH VEGGIE PIZZA:
- Once the crust is cooled, add cream cheese, sour cream, chives, and dill to a medium bowl. Stir the mixture until combined and no lumps remain.
- Spread the mixture, using a small rubber spatula or offset spatula, evenly over crust.
- Distribute veggies over cream cheese mixture and press veggies down lightly.
FINISH AND SERVE:
- Slice pizza into 24 pieces and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Picnic PERFECTION, I tell ya. This looks so delicious, so light and so fresh. Can’t wait to impress my fam and friends with this little number!
Thanks, Karly! They’re a family favorite around my house, enjoy!
I love this recipe. It’s my go-to for parties. It’s always a hit. I do a Christmas tree shape for the holidays and place the veggies to look like a decorated tree.
Yay! SO glad you love the recipe!
I made this but used the dry ranch called for with the recipies using mayo, but my husband doesn’t like mayo, so I improvised. I absolutely loved it with the sour cream and since I’m making a lifestyle change in 2018; I will be using your recipe with the herbs. Sorry, I didn’t see it prior to trip to the store.
Glad you liked this recipe! 🙂
I want to make this 2days before my husband’s surprise 60th birthday party. Well and keep?
I don’t think it will keep, I think the crust will get a little stale. Sorry. 🙁 I would say make the crust no more than 1 day ahead of time.
i realized that i forgot to buy sour cream, but i had honey vanilla greek yogurt and i will never make this with sour cream again! soo yummy!
So glad Greek yogurt worked for you! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
do you think i could just use the pre made veggie dip?
That will work, too.
We made this recipe for a birthday party last week and there wasn’t a slice left over! It was easy to make and SO good!
Bec, I am so glad this recipe was a hit! 🙂
Looks amazing. Wondering if I can substitue pita bread or focaccia instead of crescent rolls? tysm
I love veggie pizza! Thanks for sharing!
This is fantastic recipe! Simple and so tasty! I appreciated how simple it was to make as well. Everyone loved it!
Alina | Cooking Journey Blog says
I never thought of such a colorful and healthy snack or appetizer. I will give it a try!
Caitlyn Erhardt says
Love all the veggies on top! Looks like a great appetizer!
I loved the pizza recipe you showcased. Looks super finger licking food and simply grab and sit at one ccorner to enjoy. Bookmarking this to make. Find it so useful to make on birthday party or get together.
Lisa Huff says
Oh wow, I haven’t had a crescent pizza in forever! Loving all the beautiful colors and fresh veggies!
Oh my gosh, these are so fun!! Nt only do they look absolutely delicious, but I’m obsessed with all the pretty colors!
I love how flaky the base is compared to normal pizza dough.
Alisha Rodrigues says
This is a perfect party recipe. So colorful and looks delicious. I love the fact that it’s loaded with veggies
Alina | Cooking Journey Blog says
I saw this pizza recipe on your Instagram yesterday. So colorful, great way to incorporate veggies in every day meals!
The BEST appetizer!
The chives and dill is a great addition to this recipe! Turned out great!
So glad that you liked the recipe!