The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer recipe is easy to make and always a hit at parties! You can even serve this veggie pizza recipe for dinner!
It costs about $7.52 to make this pizza. The recipe serves twenty-four as an appetizer and costs just $0.31 per serving.
I am known to serve this Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza recipe for dinner with a bowl of corn chowder, tomato soup, onion soup, or veggie soup.
This Simple Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer is one of my favorite recipes to bring to potlucks or parties. It makes 24 servings, and they are SO flavorful!
The flavors of this veggie pizza appetizer jump out on any buffet table. I love the way the fresh dill and chives cut through the cream cheese mixture.
The herbs heighten the bright flavors of the veggies.
This is an easy meal to get on the dinner table during the week or served as an appetizer at any party. It is packed full of flavor and topped with fresh veggies. It is a great way to get your veggies in!
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.31
Recipe Cost: $7.52
- 1 -8 ounce can Crescent Rolls – $2.08
- 4-ounce cream cheese – $0.13
- ½ cup sour cream – $0.72
- 2 Tablespoons chives – $0.15
- 2 Tablespoons dill – $0.64
- 1 cup broccoli florets – $0.78
- ½ cup carrots – $0.14
- ¼ cup red bell pepper $1.38
- ¼ yellow bell pepper – $1.38
- 2 Tablespoons red onion – $0.12
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- Roll dough out onto a lined baking sheet. Pinch the seams together.
- Bake until golden brown, cool, and transfer to a large cutting board.
- Spread with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with the vegetables and press vegetables down lightly into the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice into 24 pieces and serve!
***Check out the recipe video in the recipe card below!
Crescent Roll Pizza Recipe Variations
- The veggies listed in the recipe below are my personal preference. You can use whatever veggies you’d like. Just use 2 cups worth of veggies as a guide. Other veggie ideas: sliced cherry tomatoes, snap peas, chopped artichoke hearts, cauliflower, sliced radishes, and even olives!
- To make this recipe ahead of time, I suggest baking the crust, making the cream cheese mixture, and chopping all the veggies and storing each separately until you’re ready to assemble and serve.
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: An assembled pizza will keep covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 hours. Any longer and the crust will start to get soggy.
FREEZE: This pizza does not freeze and defrost well. Therefore, I do not suggest freezing it.
MAKE AHEAD: An assembled crescent roll veggie pizza will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 hours. Any longer and the crust will start to get soggy.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chile Con Queso
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Sausage Cream Cheese Balls
- Mexican Spinach Dip
- Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Charcuterie Board Basics
- Bang Bang Shrimp
Simple Crescent Roll Pizza Appetizer
- 8 ounce can Crescent Rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
PREP OVEN AND BAKING SHEET:
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
ROLL OUT AND BAKE CRUST:
- Roll out Crescent Rolls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Pinch seams together to create a rectangular piece of dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Move the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely, about 40 minutes. Once cool, move the crust to a large cutting board.
FINISH VEGGIE PIZZA:
- Once the crust is cooled, add cream cheese, sour cream, chives, and dill to a medium bowl. Stir the mixture until combined and no lumps remain.
- Spread the mixture, using a small rubber spatula or offset spatula, evenly over crust.
- Distribute veggies over cream cheese mixture and press veggies down lightly.
FINISH AND SERVE:
- Slice pizza into 24 pieces and serve immediately.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL AND GET MY DELICIOUS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER... IT'S FREE!
Carolyn Owen says
I love this recipe and have made it for years. I always get my veggies from the salad bar. You get such a variety and it doesn’t cost as much as buying all the separate veggies.
Hi Carolyn, this is such a great time-saving tip!
Thanks for stopping by,
Love this idea! I’m glad it makes a lot for a budgeted appetizer. Cant go wrong with the veggie for the Vegetarians too!
Jyoti Behrani says
Great recipe! I made this for daughter’s birthday party and it was a huge hit. I will be making this again. Thanks for such an easy and delicious recipe!
This pizza is such a great appetizer! I love how you make it healthy with all the veggies.
Gail Montero says
Looks so festive and tasty! Love all that yummy veggies on top making this both healthy and wholesome!
I love this idea. You can’t go wrong with all the fresh veggies.
My mother in law (now passed on to our Heavenly Father) made this exact recipe, as you have it.
She made it for every family gathering, of any kind. I so looked forward to eating just this, the way
she made it; absolute divinity! The sneaky ole’ gal would not share her recipe with anyone, which
made it all the better for no one knowing her secret recipe. After she left us, I found her recipe card
for it, now I’m the bearer at gatherings with this wonderful appetizer, and continue the tradition!