I keep a jar of homemade taco mix on my counter along with other ingredients I use often.
- Fajita seasoning, see my recipe for Stovetop Chicken Fajitas here
- Dry rub & marinade for meat
- Seasoning for homemade salsas
- Seasoning for sauteed fresh veggies–I love to add this seasoning to my zucchini and summer squash with a little shredded cheese
- Mexican corn on the cob–butter the corn and sprinkle with a light dusting of this seasoning
The possibilities are endless with this mix It’s quick, easy, and cheap to throw together.
- 6 Tablespoons chili powder
- 4½ Tablespoons paprika
- 4 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder or dried onions
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Transfer to an air-tight container.
- For every pound of beef or chicken, add a cup of water and use 2 heaping tablespoons in place of a package of taco seasoning to the cooked meat. Simmer the mixture until the liquid is almost completely gone.
I’m linking this post up at:
Menu Plan Monday , Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, All Our Days, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Uncommon Designs, The 36th Avenue, Funky Junk Interiors, Sugar Bee Crafts, Someday Crafts